Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
good day,
jayroe...they are not perfect since they are clone and drivers t/s are with no respect to the original. but, they did sound better, i was not able to record the quick smaart test we did 3 years ago...i will post as soon as i finish may new tappedhorn...im trying this new mcbean to model the box...i hope i got everything right this time...i will post the plan too...exited na ako to start saw dust, pera lang ang kulang para bili na ako ng kahoy and other materials.

drivers are...Crown 1860 and JH186. eto lang local.

have a nice day.
jojo

Attachments

• th118_20091_3.jpg
    th118_20091_3.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 628
  • th118_20091_32.jpg
    th118_20091_32.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 576
  • th118_2009_3.jpg
    th118_2009_3.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 541
:eek:
wbin is not a bass reflex ..:confused:
what happen to your WSX cabs?

qts, qes and BL are 3 main parameters you need to consider on this SL36 and WSX horn. you can play with the hornresp to fine tune the 650EL on WSX or SL36.

i cannot help it.:D i always call the wbin a bass reflex... it should be hybrid horn, but maybe too much reading from speakerplans makes me think that way.

i wish i could show here the hornresp results i did out of the P Audio drivers. but i do not know how to copy-paste the results here...:confused:

i'm trying to look for other drivers.. especially the ones from china. but there are no parameters provided. that is why i tend to ask others who have experienced using them. there is nothing to play with the hornresp in the first place!:D

sir jojo, thanks a lot. you are the man! :)

good day,
jayroe...they are not perfect since they are clone and drivers t/s are with no respect to the original. but, they did sound better, i was not able to record the quick smaart test we did 3 years ago...i will post as soon as i finish may new tappedhorn...im trying this new mcbean to model the box...i hope i got everything right this time...i will post the plan too...exited na ako to start saw dust, pera lang ang kulang para bili na ako ng kahoy and other materials.

drivers are...Crown 1860 and JH186. eto lang local.

have a nice day.
jojo
cheers dj jojo, that sounds interesting, excited to hear new developments.
Currently i am in the process of building my own design of hybrid bandpass but with longer horn path, (X-tro loading stylee) they are still on papers right now and pretty good simulation. :)

with the crown drivers, seems they don't have T/s parameters published:(

leinad61...lol...magnet and voice coil of the JH186 beats the pa1860 (sensitivity) lots of fluxes and almost 6" VC, whilst the 1860 reaches first its power compression.

ang kinakabahan lang ako sa 186 ay cones na manipis at medyo malambot...but so far wala pa namng nabigay...

stay tune...post ko pag may nasira...
good day Sir,
jojo

P-Audio C18 650el rewound voice coil?

yes it is a dbx synth

yap I rewound it with a copper voicecoil on a fiberglass former, using an inside outside winding technique. And by the way copper has a much higher melting temperature than aluminum plus you wouldn't know if it is a rewound voice coil or not, same DCR same winding depth with perimeter venting. you would not notice the difference on the output. I have also rewound countless 2226 using the same technique with great success

sir, how much would you charge for a rewind p-audio c18 650el voice coil?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.