Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mga sirs,

I would like to introduce ourselvs as Basshead Marketing, we are the official distributor for Fane & Precision Devices raw components. We have currently on stock the highly popular Fane Colossus 18XB 18" subwoofer also the Colossus 15XB among others, and also the much praised PD1850 18" horn subwoofer from Precision Devices. You can give us a call or visit us to see the various raw drivers on stock.

here is my contact number : 0917-5304157 / 215-0344 or 716-5355/716-5357.

we are located in sta mesa area near SM centerpoint.

that's good news! can you post pics and prices of the corresponding stocks you carry? :cool:

thats why I am aiming for some small scalable system, i.e a 15 incher bandpass on a 4th or 6th order sub box and some mid high speaker system on a stick. I had a costumer once who is complaining about his back, they had this set up which they have to haul 6 subzero's on a 5th floor of the school rooftop using the stairs. He said it was a real pain in the A**:D:D:D

for a 15" why not? got this from another thread. HD15 Horn using P-Audio C15 600el. :cool:

HD15horn.gif

xnf5a1.gif

c15600el3.jpg

P-Audio C15 600el 4" aluminum voice coil 600w RMS, ribbed type cone, aluminum diecast frame, dual spider. 8200 srp

C15-600EL.jpg

Brochures of Fane, PD

I will be glad to send email of the prices for the raw components, please post your email addresses so that I can send complete price lists for those interested.

Has anyone here done a USB subwoofer project from freespeakerplans? what is its review? I have seen some line array projects here too, how did it sound as compared to branded ones?

Regards,

I will be glad to send email of the prices for the raw components, please post your email addresses so that I can send complete price lists for those interested.

Has anyone here done a USB subwoofer project from freespeakerplans? what is its review? I have seen some line array projects here too, how did it sound as compared to branded ones?

Regards,

eirol_99@yahoo.com thanks sir

Probably boron nitride coated voice coil for thermal management, makes use of the Blackbody principle in an effort to boost emissivity of the voice coil, now that is what "heatwick technology" is all about.

i was told once that some p-audio voice coils have been applied with high temperature enamel which explains the 'black color' on the voice coil's surface. the heatwick design is patterned from electro voice's evx series which has something to do with the multiple holes found on the former which 'wicks' away heat at a better pace.

ev_reconekit.jpg

electrovoice recone kit sample using heatwick technology

imf18_vcoil.jpg

p-audio imf hp18s voice coil with the similar heatwick design technology

Regards,

jolo3200@gmail.com :)

@adkins845...

USB are originally copied from Turbosound which was designed by the Research and Development department called " Funktion One" under Tony Andrews...this design was way back 90's. It is a bandpass hybrid...a bandpass with a short horn, thus, making it hybrid.

today there is a lot of these modeled for a specific driver one of these is "USB" whilst at TurboSound its "TSW-XXX", and Funktion One its "F118 or F218".

here in the Philippines there is "Lexus" it is the same configuration.

USB are so very easy to build...DIY friendly. Bandpass are one note...be aware in crossing and hi-passing.

As for the Line Array project...its good using the DRPA...time alignment of the Hi driver to the 12's for comb filter issue...a little filtering for the bumps and spikes...overall performance OK...SPL they will compete...Robust? i dont know...what would you expect from a cheap driver?

My line array project was patterned from L-Acoustic...this are the guys who first introduce line array system to be use for Pro Apps...but line array was an old technol0gy for audiophiles...nothing to be exited...in the line array business its the Mid and Hi drivers battle for supremacy...not the box...its just another ordinary bass reflex cab.

Line array is all about directivity...the more stack you have...the more forward SPL you will gain...the more forward gain for have the narrower the pattern will be...side to side spills will be lessen...and now you need to put some fills...side fills and center fills...now we have a problem...INTERFERENCE!!!

have a nice day
jojo

Attachments

• USB.jpg
    USB.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 641
  • usb dual.jpg
    usb dual.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 616
  • usb (2).jpg
    usb (2).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:
@sir jef3

have you ever wonder why they have choose black color enamel instead of another color? The holes on the neck of the former I believe is also called perimeter venting.

Physics 101 Blackbody radiation EOI - What is a Blackbody and Infrared Radiation?

The coating is also known as "thermal dispersant coatings" such products is also use on the racing industry to cool down under the hood automotive parts.:cool:THERMAL DISPERSANT ;););)

good day gentlemen

@sir jef3

have you ever wonder why they have choose black color enamel instead of another color? The holes on the neck of the former I believe is also called perimeter venting.

Physics 101 Blackbody radiation EOI - What is a Blackbody and Infrared Radiation?

The coating is also known as "thermal dispersant coatings" such products is also use on the racing industry to cool down under the hood automotive parts.:cool:THERMAL DISPERSANT ;););)

good day gentlemen

no idea on why they choose black. :confused:

i guess with the the high temp enamel or 'thermal dispersant coating' in place as an added layer of protection, then i presume low failure rates in the future. :D

thanks for the info re blackbody radiation very informative :)

@adkins845...

USB are originally copied from Turbo Sound which was designed by the Research and Development department called " Funktion One" under Tony Andrews...this design was way back 90's. It is a bandpass hybrid...a bandpass with a short horn, thus, making it hybrid.

today there is a lot of these modeled for a specific driver one of these is "USB" whilst at TurboSound its "TSW-XXX", and Funktion One its "F118 or F218".

here in the Philippines there is "Lexus" it is the same configuration.

USB are so very easy to build...DIY friendly. Bandpass are one note...be aware in crossing and hi-passing.

As for the Line Array project...its good using the DRPA...time alignment of the Hi driver to the 12's for comb filter issue...a little filtering for the bumps and spikes...overall performance OK...SPL they will compete...Robust? i dont know...what would you expect from a cheap driver?

My line array project was patterned from L-Acoustic...this are the guys who first introduce line array system to be use for Pro Apps...but line array was an old technol0gy for audiophiles...nothing to be exited...in the line array business its the Mid and Hi drivers battle for supremacy...not the box...its just another ordinary bass reflex cab.

Line array is all about directivity...the more stack you have...the more forward SPL you will gain...the more forward gain for have the narrower the pattern will be...side to side spills will be lessen...and now you need to put some fills...side fills and center fills...now we have a problem...INTERFERENCE!!!

have a nice day
jojo

nice ;)

@leinad61

WSX is one of the best 1/4 wavelength horn loaded sub-woofer by Martin Audio to be fitted by RCF L300p.

Putting different kinds of driver is like letting a dress fitted for Maria to be wear by different kind of people...obviously they will all look differently and will never be the same as for Maria's look.

WSX is the dress...putting different kind of drivers (the people) they will sound differently and will never be the same as for RCF L300p's response.

as for us we just have to settle with JH189 response and the Pro PA 1860 response...the difference of the two is sensitivity and power compression.

have a nice day
jojo

Attachments

• P.jpg
    P.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 628
  • WSX002.jpg
    WSX002.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 663
  • wsx.jpg
    wsx.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_2017_resize.jpg
    IMG_2017_resize.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_2016_resize.jpg
    IMG_2016_resize.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 577
  • S2020001.JPG
    S2020001.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 257
@sir jef3

just want to share how we QC a voice coil, a bare voice coil (out of the speaker, without the heatsinking effect of the polepiece and toplate of the speaker) then we supply it with a 24-50Vdc from a variable high current DC supply. If it is able to withstand it for 5 to 15 minutes without bursting into flame or any signs of thermal fatigue then its good enough.

WSX box

i have seen some WSX boxes being fabricated and being fitted w/ the Crown 18"ers, wonder if the PD1850 driver or the Fane colossus 18XB driver will wok on these boxes.. anyone tried modeling it in their respective softwares? Are local 18" drivers suitable to be placed inside a horn-loaded cabinet?

TIA for any comments..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.