Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
reference only...do not scale.

xray of a compact bass "hybrid bandpass", Wbox and WSX.

have a nice day.

Attachments

• hybrid bandpass.jpg
    hybrid bandpass.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 543
  • WBOX.jpg
    WBOX.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 530
  • wsx.jpg
    wsx.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 517
recommended local driver for the WSX and L36?

looking at the local chinese speaker products: neusch, T&T, crown, live etc. which driver tops for the full horn design like the L36 and WSX?
The P Audio 650EL is a good contender, but it seems better suited for a bass reflex like the W-Bin. The SD 18 should be the best, but it goes with a high cost. for a compromise, for a about of 6k php, which one is better?

L36 a "C horn" and WSX a "S horn" are both sealed box horn loaded configuration.

There are two main t/s parameters that can tell you if the driver is suitable for horn loading.

QTS and BL.

The Lower the qts the better. Preferably lower than 0,30
The Higher the BL the better. Preferably higher than 20.

but then again...l36 and wsx was designed for a specific driver to get the optimum performance. replacing the driver will change the response curve...but, you can use them with compromises.

that's what we all do...

have a nice day...

L36 a "C horn" and WSX a "S horn" are both sealed box horn loaded configuration.

There are two main t/s parameters that can tell you if the driver is suitable for horn loading.

QTS and BL.

The Lower the qts the better. Preferably lower than 0,30
The Higher the BL the better. Preferably higher than 20.

but then again...l36 and wsx was designed for a specific driver to get the optimum performance. replacing the driver will change the response curve...but, you can use them with compromises.

that's what we all do...

have a nice day...

you got it right. we have to compromise, since budget wise, and especially in the provinces where return of investment is quite slow, we only have to do the best we can. at pag hilig naman talaga, may solution din.:D
meron po bang expert or experienced when it comes to crown drivers dito sa forum? where can we get the parameters for the crown drivers available in our local market? e.g. crown 1818PA. it is also good to know the other choices of speakers. does anybody know the "secret" :D specs of T&T 18" driver?
best regards

you got it right. we have to compromise, since budget wise, and especially in the provinces where return of investment is quite slow, we only have to do the best we can. at pag hilig naman talaga, may solution din.:D
meron po bang expert or experienced when it comes to crown drivers dito sa forum? where can we get the parameters for the crown drivers available in our local market? e.g. crown 1818PA. it is also good to know the other choices of speakers. does anybody know the "secret" :D specs of T&T 18" driver?
best regards

thats why I am aiming for some small scalable system, i.e a 15 incher bandpass on a 4th or 6th order sub box and some mid high speaker system on a stick. I had a costumer once who is complaining about his back, they had this set up which they have to haul 6 subzero's on a 5th floor of the school rooftop using the stairs. He said it was a real pain in the A**:D:D:D

@zrolsky

from a T18 subscope, driven by a ca20 and a subharmonic synthesizer, the usual burnt voicecoil and a ripped cone.I believed the the dual spider system is the culprit it is too stiff, ^ and that one breathed too much dirt from the road.

@leinad61

In my opinion they should be used in a bass reflex box.

@audiomachines

you mean the DBX subharmonic synthesizer? i've read that equipment is one of the main causes of burnt coils. i have heard a subzero with the 650EL, loud SPL, not bad at all, and given the fact that it was only driven by assembled amps.

the original coil is aluminum. do you replace it with copper ones? does it work?

the xmax for the 650EL is only 5.5mm i think. but they say this is a very conservative value. in truth, it might even be 10mm. :confused:

yes it is a dbx synth

yap I rewound it with a copper voicecoil on a fiberglass former, using an inside outside winding technique. And by the way copper has a much higher melting temperature than aluminum plus you wouldn't know if it is a rewound voice coil or not, same DCR same winding depth with perimeter venting. you would not notice the difference on the output. I have also rewound countless 2226 using the same technique with great success

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.