Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
good day to all,

i'm a new member and i find this site interesting and helpful. i'm a volunteer church musician and an audio enthusiast.

may i ask anyone who can recommend a cheap but reliable power amp with 500wpc/8ohm. i'm going to use this with our church choir/band with 12mics, a kawai mx-16, a behringer dsp-1000p, a dod sr430 geq and 4 cabs(15"300w/180w horn each).

is it enough for a church with 200plus pax? only the vocals and a bit of keyboard will go through it 'coz we use a separate amp for the instruments.

i need your expert advice on this before going to raon. your reply will be very much appreciated. thanks and Godbless.

Currently using the K6 Konzert Amp, kinda cheap but really powerful. How big is your church? Although churches require sound systems where sound propagates from the altar to the door entrance uniformly. But if your choir would just be in a certain area of the church, ensure PA speakers face the church goers and you have enough monitors to hear your vocals and instruments.

Better check your speaker wattages since output power of K6 is 600w per channel, your speakers should meet or exceed 600w at least to ensure no speaker burnout happens. Try K4 at 400w.

@ bmall

thanks for your suggestion and advice.
i've seen and heard this konzert amp during one of our anniversaries. and the technician said that it can blow his "community"spkrs.

anyway, our church is BIG. one of the oldest here in bulacan, was built during spanish times. it could fit 3 basketball courts inside plus it has a dome infront of the altar. difficult to play live music because of the reverberation. that's why we play a little "quieter"and use more spkrs.

peace and Godbless!

audiomachines said:
hello guys,

amen to that sir,amen. how i wish too... here are some pro audio amps from china. Konzert K2 and the subwoofer pounder (or toaster:D ) the Konzert H3000, can blow your ever famous Crown 1860 dual magnet
(stack magnets) 18in. speakers with ease. Crown 1860 has a 4 in. 4 layer voice coil, wound with a #25 magnet wire!

good day :)

Hello good sirs,

I bought a pair of 15" Crown powered speakers last week at raon Salonga. It sounds good and it's also cheap. Do you guys have any comments on these speakers?

hi all,

@emx_125

sir the westrak amp has a double differential transistor on its input stage and thats it. It doesn't have an 'active CCS' for the differential transistors unlike the konzert k series, search the the solid state forum for the Gem sound amplifier authored by eddie wolves. Thats the same ckt the konzert k series is using.

the westrak amp are reliable amp but they are only good for subwoofer applications. hope this helps.

good day to all,
audiomachines

Hello Audiomachine.....

Thanks For The reply ... yes Dual Differential Input i like The Dual differential input ckt because i believe many amplifier builder Said that The Dual input stage is a high gain than the Single input stage... so i dont know how it work the ccs ckt....
audiomachine ano ba talaga ang epekto ng amplifier kapag walang ccs?

Thanks.....

EMIX

dual differential inputs does not necessarily mean high gain but it does provide with distinct advantage, first symmetrical clipping and second they tend to cancel out noise and various anomalies originating from component mismatch,tolerance etc. third higher power supply rejection ratio (psrr).
ccs provides 'active loading' to the transistors, providing almost infinite resistance, improving gain and linearity of the diff. transistors.

@skyjammer

this new on the market crown powered speakers they look like the jbl eon's. IMHO. I don't like the sound of plastic enclosures. I like wood or mdf . Just my 2 cents.

Regards.
audiomachines

Capacitor search

Hello guys,
Im just new here in this forum.
Does anyone knows where could I buy (20uF/35uF/40uF - 250V N.P). I'll use it in doing passive cross-over.

Or could give me a contact number of the shop by anychance...
It would be greatful for me....doin this oldskul passive network

Many Thanks,
Rus

Hi Bmall,

Thanks for your kind reply....
But Actually I searched our entire city, but nothin' has told that it has.
I also tried raon, but still no hope for my values.

My only chance to have is to seach some specialty company in manila that renders that parts, since the values are not consumer
retail friendly. its more on custom or oem parts. This values can be seen on some company like crown speaker, whos doing sales in passive network. So I guess, it has to do with some backstreet retailer that is conected to them.

Thanks a lot for the infos, I really appreciate the effort, I do hope I could also share some help in the future.

Many Thanks,
Russel

Rances Amplification
Baguio City

@hotgem,

It's now that I saw your specified capacitances, of course you can't get these values as their are standard capacitance values out there such as the multiples of 3.3, 4.7, 5.6, 10uF, .0033, .0047, etc. If you want to get the exact capacitance then try connecting the capacitors in parallel to get the exact capacitance. Hope this helps you.

bmall

Music focus amp. MA600

HI audiomachine..

Do you have any experience repair about music focus ma600? same ckt w/ k6 amplifier... Power supply keep on blowing when every time i connect 108v+/- to preamp.. even there is no short... can i disable this ckt? this is going to the limiter or compress ckt. then back again to amp.. this is the second time happen. thank you..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.