Keystone Sub Using 18, 15, & 12 Inch Speakers

So you don't like the 722 anymore?
It have the 2451 HF driver, other srx have the 2445,2446
Maybe if you swap the drivers in them

The presonus have soft dome tweeters 8 in like an vertical array, there are 2 models , the plastic one $999, the ply ones $1999 , you can have one per side till 6 per side.

The Mackie's I don't know, if those are the one that have FIR filters i bet they are decent , competing with EV ETX series and JBL SRX800's active series.

Today I did a thing.... Installed wheels on the bottom of my keystones. I bought some $4.99 casters from harbor freight and installed them as close to the outer edges as I could. I plan on locking the casters facing out to get as much of a big footprint as I can. I'm not doing any outside shows where it's going to have any wind blowing, and normally there's nobody anywhere near my speakers, So I feel pretty safe with it. I'll be adding some small handles on each side this week and I'll post that update.

Attachments

• PXL_20230513_164101722.jpg
    PXL_20230513_164101722.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 137
Joined 2007
Paid Member
1687781374495.png

like this, sometimes there are latches to hold the sub in place but they are not really needed. You can also only make a few boards and then take them back and forth as you unload. If your using a van a van ramp is also a good idea, tail lifts are very heavy which eat into load capacity for keeping under 3.5T in the UK.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm considering selling my PA system including the 4 Keystone cabinets I built. I'm just getting old and sound jobs barely pay anything in this area. most clubs have "pa systems" and have a house "sound guy"...although most of the time they sound terrible. lol. I'm just getting tired of fighting it. If anyone near Louisiana is looking for some Keystones let me know.

:( same **** here in south Texas, it's like a plague....nobody gives a **** about audio quality...JBL jrx...and EV zlx " do the job " for them...and to add the icing to the cake ...the club owners tell to the bouncer... " I heard you like music....there..run the sound..." We don't need this effin sound engineer🤮

In preparation for a large gig, I borrowed 4 JBL SRX728'S powered by Crown IT6000's, and attempted to get them to play nice with my 4 keystones powered by Behringer NX6000's. my findings are kinda skewed, but interesting.

When I built my second set of keystones, I also bought another NX6000 (this time a dsp version). upon power up the subs were out of phase with each other, so I reversed the phase on the new amp using the dsp. weird, I thought. But all has been fine for over a year...or has it? I noticed last gig that when I was up close the keystones just didn't seem to put out much, but 20 feet away it was great. hmmm, me thinks both are out of phase with the tops. will find out when I test everything today.

Today, the first thing that I did was go into my crossover and flip the phase on the subs, and turn off all time delay on the tops. BINGO! we have bass!

I turned on the JBL subs and to my (and the band's) amazement they just didn't seem to add much to the mix. I turned everything off except the amps powering the JBL's and sure enough they actually were working. after going back and forth between subs we discovered something beyond belief....the keystones were much louder. I had to turn down the keystones by 6db to get them to sound about the same volume. test 2: 1 keystone = 2 JBL's! I need to try the keystones on the Crown amps just to make sure the input sensitivity of the Behringer amp didn't skew the test. but still, I'm amazed.

the one thing I did hear is some type of note at maybe 70-80hz that sounded almost like a speaker cone bottoming out every time the kick drum hit (while listening to cd's). And the PA volume wasn't loud AT ALL. Saliva used my system at this club a couple years ago when I had just 2 keystones and a couple carvin subs. this phone video really brings out the sound I'm talking about: https://www.facebook.com/reel/730207721678711

If I turn off either set of subs and it goes away. so it's just the combo. I'm guessing that I'm gonna also have to mess with time delay if I want these speakers to line up better. but if I remember right Art said on a previous post that these will never be in phase at all frequencies. I may have to dabble with crossing the keystones lower and maybe put them on an aux. kind of a pseudo 4 way setup.

the gig is on the 12th, so I will report more findings after that gig.