Karlson's "X15" A New Frontier in the Perfect Size

I'd love to see detailed "measurements" on those - they probably are legendary.

Some drivers age poorly and stiffen in just a few years - others seem pliable for decades.

A few years ago Loudspeakersplus had a sale of the 15 inch P-audio CXA for $100 each

Eminence made decent cast frame coaxial in 12 nd 15 inch sizes.

Long ago Peavey had a nice sounding 15cx with cast aluminum round treble horn.

McGee Radio had the Goodmans 12 inch fullrange speaker "cheap" . . ..

here are the 12's
650065084_thumb_9717e69d1b04827c03346c0673805062.jpg

yeah it's a crap shoot with the old stuff , I have a pair of Altec Valencia's with the 416 woofers 15" , they aged well and sound good today , also have a pair of Altec 9844a's 2 x 12" 414's sounding good along with the compression drivers......... I would surely need to inspect/listen if I fetch these , who knows what they have been through , did someone drive them with a 200 watt ss amp and cook the HF.......
freddi , what is your favorite low budget speaker

not sure yet but on drums and with ST200 helper tweeter in an old diy slit vent K12, - Celestion K12H-200TC for about $100 (I got mine for $40 each!) The basket is better than 12LTA, qts is better (lower) than 12LTA - price better too - or "was" - there's a couple at Ebay - one "open box". There's a Canadian seller at Reverb with new units. . I just noticed Celestion has a modeling 12" guitar speaker whose on-axis response extends flat to 20KHz. Qts near 0.8 is more geared towards open back than vented application.

K12H-200TC is back ordered at Partsexpress (due "any day") - that would be the best seller and price)

I

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user