• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Juma's LSK Preamp - through hole version

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
prasimix & Co.:

I've been distracted the past few months and am only now about to start working on this project. Prasimix's latest posts have me worried -- I bought a pair of FL18/18 transformers from Allied Electronics (Block - FL 18/18 - Uncategorized - Allied Electronics) and am wondering if I should have gotten the 15VAC version instead.

I can check to see how these transformers are performing before soldering them onto the power supply pcb, but can anyone clue me in on what the unloaded output of these things ought to be? It'll presumably be something North of 18V, but what should the maximum acceptable output on the secondaries be for this project?

Thanks for helping this dope out.

Regards,
Scott

If you add resistors as suggested by AndrewT and shown in post #217 you should not worry.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

Can someone explain to me the purpose of the phase splitter? I understand the concept at the 10,000' level ("a single-phase current is split into two or more currents differing in phase") but not how it applies to this circuit. Stated another way, do I want to include the phase splitter in a single-ended application?

Thank you,
Scott

Folks:

Can someone explain to me the purpose of the phase splitter? I understand the concept at the 10,000' level ("a single-phase current is split into two or more currents differing in phase") but not how it applies to this circuit. Stated another way, do I want to include the phase splitter in a single-ended application?

Thank you,
Scott

That is just an option added for people who would like to make a splitter mentioned in post #271.

I'd like to test this preamp and your great boards ... Can you please put me down for 2 single channel boards for the 2nd run?

Thanks
Nicola/touchdown

Done, please let me know if you need PS PCB.

Hello,

yes i`d also like 3 pair of singles, 6pc, that makes 3 stereo pre amp`s correct?

In total i end up with 6 stereo pre amps, and 9 pcb`s, if i have understood it correctly...

Thank`s

Gisle

Changed to total of 9 PCBs. Also please let me know if you need PS for single channel solution.

Question about Power supply...

Looking back to the first GB, it seems that most of the people choose to combine single ch and one PS (power supply) PCB per channel.

Since I'm preparing second GB, I'm wondering if make any sense to merge single ch PCB with PS? To make PS layout more attractive I'll also add pinout for Hammond transformer. Another possibility is to offer PS with shunt regulation.

I'll also remove "phase splitter" section which seems that made more confusion than flexibility.

Please let me know what are you think about mentioned ideas.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.