Juma's Easy-Peasy Capacitance Multiplier

here is my attempt, single sided. Same as yours, but referenced the grounds to o/p. :)
regards
Prasi

Attachments

• Cap-MX-gtose.png
    Cap-MX-gtose.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,068
Can someone please delete the above post. It was a mistake while trying to edit the post.

Here is the dual rail version with negative rail with PNP devices. Can someone take a look and suggest changes?
Rail grounds are separated. J3 can be used to connect gnds of + and - rails at the o/p. J1, J2 better jumpered from the bottom or use insulated wire.

If required, PCB can be cut right down the middle, to use + or the - rail :D
regards
Prasi

Attachments

• CAP-MX-GTOSE-MJOHNSON_SCH.png
    CAP-MX-GTOSE-MJOHNSON_SCH.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,070
  • CAP-MX-GTOSE-MJOHNSON.png
    CAP-MX-GTOSE-MJOHNSON.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,051
Last edited:
Great layout as usual Prasi! I’m guessing it took you an order of magnitude less time to compete than me, very impressive :). The layout of the transistors with an extra heatsink makes for nice and clean routing.

referenced the grounds to o/p.

What do you mean by this? Does this refer to how the ground plane is routed vs mine?

I did not investigate a dual rail version of this since I am looking to place this after a single rail SMPS and have very limited space to work with in my MoFo build. I think next steps I’ll send out my layout for fabrication and see what happens!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I will merge the grounds of +/- rails and send you the gerbers. let me know if you have any specific component package for C1.
regards
Prasi

Thanks for doing this and what you have is fine - I will make it fit. I typically use 15mm pitch MKT radial so I think looks close to what you have there. If you have any plans on making boards yourself I can buy them from you. But I probably have upcoming PCB orders in the works and this is a good “add-on” order once you have shipping covered.

Thanks for doing this and what you have is fine - I will make it fit. I typically use 15mm pitch MKT radial so I think looks close to what you have there. If you have any plans on making boards yourself I can buy them from you. But I probably have upcoming PCB orders in the works and this is a good “add-on” order once you have shipping covered.

Yes, its a 15mm pitch alright, plus now I have put some options for 5mm and 10mm just in case someone wants to use something else.
you can order boards yourself. attached are the gerbs and stuffing guide , also pdfs in case someone wants to etch at home.

Let me know if you have any problems with boardhouse with these gerbers, I can clarify / use older method. I have now moved over to eagle 9.0.0, pcbway didnt like those 9.0.0 gerbers initially. Now its settled with them ;).

Top plane is a ground plane thats only connected at output.
regards
Prasi

edit: logos are on the bottom silk, so don't affect the functionality or beauty of top silk:D

Attachments

• CAP-MX-GTOSE-MJOHNSON_SCH_R1.png
    CAP-MX-GTOSE-MJOHNSON_SCH_R1.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 3,529
  • CAP-MX-GTOSE-MJOHNSON_R1_2018-08-07.zip
    364.9 KB · Views: 469
  • CAP-MX-GTOSE-MJOHNSON_R1_Cu_bottom.pdf
    182.2 KB · Views: 461
  • CAP-MX-GTOSE-MJOHNSON_R1_top_silk.pdf
    87.7 KB · Views: 448
  • CAP-MX-GTOSE-MJOHNSON_R1.png
    CAP-MX-GTOSE-MJOHNSON_R1.png