John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me a question OT: any alternative / comerative for 2N6550 (N-channel JFET)?

Thanks in advance...

The 2n6550 is still in production and there is even a Swiss distributor (juergen.ockens@implement-gmbh.com). It is also available from some stocking distributors (https://www.sierraic.com/2N6550).

Are you looking for a lower cost approach?

ES

Don't worry. The middle simon can put the antimatter into the bybee slipstream. Luckily, bybees have a slipstream..

jn

Not a slipstream a slippery...

I am tied up for the next few weeks, but by then my other resistors should be in. So until then stay on the edge of your seats awaiting more results.

However JN I can think of several circuit theory reasons for the measurements shown.

But the point was that if one measures carefully enough a Bybee is different from a resistor.

Now I could accuse SY of being a knuckle dragging slobbering fool, except he played with the small Bybee and I used the big one.

ES

P.S. How can you tell when a stage is level?

I've already given them. Ls and Rs.

Oh, let's not forget test setup parasitics.
jn

Ah what a poor imagination! You missed EMI and thermal. Of course there is the one that terrifies you, near superconductivity Maxwell's demons! (Demons according to many published sources are quite scary! :) )

The possibility exists that there may actually be something interesting!

The 2n6550 is still in production and there is even a Swiss distributor (juergen.ockens@implement-gmbh.com). It is also available from some stocking distributors (https://www.sierraic.com/2N6550).
Are you looking for a lower cost approach?
ES

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize that it is still in production. Only as 2nd-source, is there an equivalent type?

Joao

Attachments

• Friedrich_Wilhelm_Bessel_%281839_painting%29.jpg
    Friedrich_Wilhelm_Bessel_%281839_painting%29.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 171
Jack and I went to the UCB bookstore more than 15 years ago, to buy what we wanted to get. I bought an HP calculator, Jack bought a book on Mesoscopic physics. This was the first time that I had noted the word 'mesoscopic'. Jack also loaned me a textbook at that time that included 'quantum filters', but the math was over my head, so I returned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.