John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrical energy loss, since you can't violate the First Law either. Time dependent, hysteretic. There's a reason that the particles are secured in a binder for cores.

One would expect that the loss would be lower on Jupiter, higher on the ISS.

Now, one thing strikes me here- are you claiming that the noise riding on a sine wave would be reduced with the Tinkerbells compared to a cheap resistor? If so, I have some measurements which show that's not true.

It is very interesting that you are able to measure difference in "Noise" and as I understand correctly no significant difference with a sinus signal..

Can you quantify "The loss for "Noise" is greater"?

Can you explain the heretofore unknown quantum effect affecting signal propagation in wires that you've claimed and been asked about several times, with no response?

Electrical energy loss, since you can't violate the First Law either. Time dependent, hysteretic. There's a reason that the particles are secured in a binder for cores.

One would expect that the loss would be lower on Jupiter, higher on the ISS.

Now, one thing strikes me here- are you claiming that the noise riding on a sine wave would be reduced with the Tinkerbells compared to a cheap resistor? If so, I have some measurements which show that's not true.

My measurements show the noise riding on a sine wave did have greater loss. But again I will wait a bit and repeat my set of measurements to see if I get the same results. You tested the Tinkerbells I am using the Bigfoots.

I think we are actually agreeing that loose ferrous particles will show a frequency swinging inductance or loss.

But not to get off the issue I find a difference from just a plain resistor in a set of experiments to be repeated.

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Why participate in a forum in order to tell us that there is something you won't/can't tell us?
Hey it worked for that other troll, who wouldn't be "baited" into citing references and stated that somehow he would find it "degrading" to have his identity revealed. I have in the meantime determined his probable identity, not that it really matters.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Soft anodizing usually uses a dye to get the color. Hard is a natural black-ish color depending on alloy. So for cosmetic use soft is better. There will be slight difference in radiation properties, but as the hard color depends on alloy predicting it is not practical.

Simon
Maybe the better results you observed with black anodising was due to the mild etching of the anodising and not due to the black dye.
Etching the alum panel, can increase the radiating area (rough surface). By experimenting enough, exposed surface area can increase dramatically (e.g. electrolytic caps). It may work for the fins too :)

George

My measurements show the noise riding on a sine wave did have greater loss.

Noise - many frequencies, sine wave - one frequency. Did you check the noise attenuation at that frequency? You still aren't at first base.

OT - Hats off to the Canadian Little League coach a great example of sportsmanship in the face of adversity. This is what youth sports should be about.

Status
Not open for further replies.