John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
George

Both were given a sodium hydroxide bath and then one was painted.

Scott

The sine wave test showed the same attenuation from all the devices. The frequency was at the 3 dB point of the noise filters roll off. I showed all of that a bit back.

I can think of a number of ways to get similar results. Now from the bit I have shown it seems to be different from a resistor. The only magical property it seems to have is to cause folks to waste an amazing amount of time talking about it.

Simon
Maybe the better results you observed with black anodising was due to the mild etching of the anodising and not due to the black dye.
It seems at lower temperatures that convection is everything, for dissipating heat. So, if you got equal weights of aluminium sheet, and shredded one into thin slivers, becoming like foil material, with sufficient spacing for decent air flow, the 'radiator' version would be far superior.

No Salt, I don't know if that is right, would that be considered sweet butter? I finally went back to popping read popcorn on the stove and will never eat that bagged S..t again.

No adding salt is Ok, it's just that the salted butter always seems to taste stale. As others have pointed out the whole corn thing is a cultural mess, we used to have it barbied and dipped in butter, and it was a lot more meaty than I find now. I don't think sorting it all out is easy.

No adding salt is Ok, it's just that the salted butter always seems to taste stale. As others have pointed out the whole corn thing is a cultural mess, we used to have it barbied and dipped in butter, and it was a lot more meaty than I find now. I don't think sorting it all out is easy.

I grow my own. You can eat truly ripe corn raw! I do soak it in water for a minute in the husk (any bugs leave at that point) and then a minute in the microwave, peel, a touch of sea salt and eat. Butter is optional.

I also have strawberries in front of my shop. They produce a pint a day from May to September.

My blueberries didn't do well so I will have to try them again.

Of course when visiting JJ in Seattle he just steps outside for his entire dinner salad.

The sine wave test showed the same attenuation from all the devices. The frequency was at the 3 dB point of the noise filters roll off. I showed all of that a bit back.

I can think of a number of ways to get similar results. Now from the bit I have shown it seems to be different from a resistor. The only magical property it seems to have is to cause folks to waste an amazing amount of time talking about it.
Hello Simon, what is the form of the Bybees that you have...ie inline RCA M-F, or plain with solder leads.
Have you tried your Bybees in an audio system (line signal, speaker, AC power, DC power etc..) and listened for any difference.
The time wasting is from those who have no direct experience....keep up the interesting work.

Dan.

Dick

When you first mentioned the issue of GM I was a bit wary until I looked up what kind of seed was sold to farmers. So thanks for that tip. My own issue is with BGH use on dairy cattle. It makes me ill. I wasn't sure that was it until a friend, a molecular biologist, cleared up the issue. So the first choice in ice cream is Ben & Jerry's, cheese is imported only where they don't allow hormone use.

Dan

I have one of the larger Bybees with leads. I am just doing measurements for now. When I have a full set of repeatable data I will post it in a new thread. It seems all Bybee related threads get closed!

ES

Ed Simon has shown positive results with his method of measurement. I know from experience that it is difficult, if not nearly impossible to measure a Bybee device just with S/N measurements. I first tried 15 years ago. I hope to closely follow Ed's test, as well, as I have essentially the same test instrument, and we should be in a good position to compare notes.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
The theory is that some folks react to allergens that were not in the unmodified crop.

Remember all blanket statements are wrong! :)

ES

Ed
Pesticides are worse toward allergies.
It is many years since there is no unmodified crop left (except in your and in my small gardens maybe) :)
Re blanket statements:
Sick Bees – Part 18E: Colony Collapse Revisited – Genetically Modified Plants @ Scientific Beekeeping

And thank you for answering
George
Both were given a sodium hydroxide bath and then one was painted.

George

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.