John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Speaking about systems and patterns, and completely off-topic (or is it? muahahaaa) I want to plug a series of books by a mathematician, Matthew Watkins, The Secrets of Creation, which books ambitiously attempt to explain the Riemann Hypothesis, including very recent developments toward its proof, to non-mathematicians. Volume Three just arrived today and it's going to be hard not to drop everything and read it. It's just that good. If interested, Matt would like to sell you a copy before it's up on Amazon, but the other two I guess are available from them. The Secrets of Creation trilogy - brought to you by The Inamorata Press

There are cartoons which I personally could do without, but may be motivational for some others.

Hmmm, this little diversion into sending tones to the speakers is turning out to be very, very interesting indeed. I'm still playing with what I feeding the replay chain with, but the essence of the exercise to to provoke the end to end mechanism into high, very obvious levels of IMD, such that the IMD tones literally become a melody in their own right. And when you do this, repeating the exact same signal to the speakers on a continual basis you can hear the melody alter slightly each time through - the distortion is not static, it's varying depending upon ... 'everything'. Changing the sample rate then also changes the 'melody' ...

The good thing is that this 'melody' can then be captured by a simple microphone and recorder - a smart phone would be good enough - and further analysed ...

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Hmmm, this little diversion into sending tones to the speakers is turning out to be very, very interesting indeed. I'm still playing with what I feeding the replay chain with, but the essence of the exercise to to provoke the end to end mechanism into high, very obvious levels of IMD, such that the IMD tones literally become a melody in their own right. And when you do this, repeating the exact same signal to the speakers on a continual basis you can hear the melody alter slightly each time through - the distortion is not static, it's varying depending upon ... 'everything'. Changing the sample rate then also changes the 'melody' ...

The good thing is that this 'melody' can then be captured by a simple microphone and recorder - a smart phone would be good enough - and further analysed ...
Well... hum a few bars and I'll fake it :)

I found that KBK's recent input interesting and informative. I usually do find KBK's input to be both interesting and informative, and this goes back a few years.
It takes real courage to put something 'original' on this thread, but when it happens, I am glad to read it. Usually the best that I can hope for is a good 'link', so keep those 'links' coming!

Thinking 'outside the box' is fine as a next step for those who know where the box is and can think inside it creatively. Not a substitute for thinking inside the box, as some may imagine.

I find KBK's contributions read like post-modern poetry. I don't do post-modern. I almost don't do poetry. I therefore find it difficult to attach meaning to them. Woffling about alleged male dominance is a standard feminist tactic; it avoids having to engage with the subject under consideration.

it just reads like a bunch of generalisations and sideways insults.

I've got a sister in law who can teach you to talk like that.

Half the office hours, she gives soil sanitation instruction to government employees for hundred bucks an hour (MA in physical geography, same faculty I had ecologist desensitivity classes)
In the other half, she runs a yoga school, and offers mind deprogramming courses at various spiritual awareness levels.

Afaih, she's currently in a 5-star Bhagwan resort on the other side of the globe, requires periodic unwind time at 24/7 roomservice level amongst equal spirits, as she has an inability to relate all too well to common folk.

If you leave your number, she'll gladly call back to invade your personal life and harass you.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Best info I've read here in a long time -

Mr Hotte(y) must have ample experience at/with female management level.

My feeble experience is the reverse, matters of dick hierarchy and dominance between women is much more fierce, and towards men there's often a flavor of having to defend their position through acts of inflexibility.

Then there's the gossiping, women talk about everyone and everything, at any level, in any branch of industry.
Reality is at Sex in the City minimum level, in my experience worse.
Shut ration off, listen and talk from your emotional side, and women co-workers talk about everything with you, and tell everything (I love gossip).
Woman managers will tell you that they feel a social worker half the time, having to sort out problems of who refuses to work with who, which one has a beef with the other.

Ah, and if you can't help but find lesbian women ever fascinating and divine creatures, they'll too open their heart to you and tell how their life looks like, their society, with all it's ups and downs. The hierarchic and dominating sides, e.g. how some claim others as their property.
A single lay may often turn into a possessive cocky fight, a highly cherished collegue may find it easier to take a job on a cruise ship for some time, to get out of the circle for a while.

Best professional women to work with, under and above, have proven to be dykes time and again.
One of the boys, if necessary, without classic primate behaviour of who's alpha leader, nor typical rooster and hen stuff.
e.g. an ex fellow student, former VP of Schiphol airport, now advisory board member of several large companies, lives with her longtime partner Yvonne, a school teacher.

Ken's practical indepth experience with women somehow appears to be at the level of reading a pre-puberty research report.

+100

Status
Not open for further replies.