JFET input, MOSFET VAS, LATERAL output = Perfect!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was thinking about different gate stoppers...due to different input capacitance (Ciss)...of the output laterals...one is 500p (N) the (P) has 700 p...So in order to have similar capacitance one could add 200p over the N or have different resistors to the gate to have the same drive of the FET...
I do think that adding some capacitance could prove to be the best solution.. or..?? (knepper vi fluer..??) sorry can't translate that....:)

Wouldn't be better to reduce the gatestoppers by a factor 10 and move the generated phaseshift a decade up.

The gatestoppers is there mainly because of the wire inductance.

they would then nearly be in parallel and will not entirely but close balance the capacitance change out.

I would bet some poweramp pcb to greg and hugh that it should work with the reduction of the gatestoppers.

It works fine with 200R gate stoppers, as I have used in my previous schematics. I just put the 500R ones there on the last version because I was experimenting to get rid of the oscillation. As it turns out, it was the vas gate stopper, not the output gate stoppers that was the problem.

It works fine with 200R gate stoppers, as I have used in my previous schematics. I just put the 500R ones there on the last version because I was experimenting to get rid of the oscillation. As it turns out, it was the vas gate stopper, not the output gate stoppers that was the problem.

ok, have you tried to lower the values on the output mosfet? but again if it works fine there is no reason to change them.

As hugh writes: how does it sound? Its allways the most exciting point. You can test and sim, but it does not tell you anything about the sound..

I've already commented on how it sounds, let's wait to see what mikelm thinks.

In the meantime, let me say it sounds as it simulates. Plenty of drive, clean treble, a pronounced midrange and punchy bass. Plenty of detail without being clinical. 9610 version is a little warmer sounding. At least this is in my opinion with my speakers.

As i am on holiday all my writing is currently being done on my phone which makes a longer response tiresome. I will write more when I return, but I am hoping mikelm will beat me to it.

No, Gaetan,

BUT, we have left provision for it on the pcb so people can experiment.

Welcome back to the thread!

Revised pcb, with ZVP2210 2W FET VAS in place, attached. There is also provision to cut the pcb along two vertical lines just inside the power caps to permit an outboard power supply (note two spade connector locations).

Hugh

Attachments

• FetzillaPCB.gif
    FetzillaPCB.gif
    45.7 KB · Views: 481
No, Gaetan,

BUT, we have left provision for it on the pcb so people can experiment.

Welcome back to the thread!

Revised pcb, with ZVP2210 2W FET VAS in place, attached. There is also provision to cut the pcb along two vertical lines just inside the power caps to permit an outboard power supply (note two spade connector locations).

Hugh

Hello Hugh

I think I found where is the place for experimenting a phase lead capacitor on you pcb.

Is it where I've put a yellow circle in my pcb image ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Attachments

• FetzillaPCB-phase lead cap place.gif
    FetzillaPCB-phase lead cap place.gif
    5 KB · Views: 447
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.