JFET Active Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
> There are adapters for SOT23 to TO92 sold on EBay

There are quite a few for SOT23 to DIP6 or SIP3 (2.54mm pitch).
I cannot find any that is TO92 (1.27mm pitch, 5x5mm board size).
Perhaps you can post a link ?

Patrick

Attachments

• SOT23 DIP6.jpg
    SOT23 DIP6.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 419
  • SOT23 SIP3.jpg
    SOT23 SIP3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 403
Should work ok, as they're SOT-23 versions of the TO-92 part, which was the TO-92 version of the original TO-18 metal can part (2N4393). Some Ebay sellers in China offer a clamshell-type socket which could be used for testing/screening devices. One could also test them after mounting them down on an adapter board.

Let me know where you find a header with small enough pitch to accommodate SOT-23s as shown.

The only fets that could really use matching are the ones used for the bottom current source of the follower, and that's a matter of convenience so one can use all the same resistor for setting the bias current. You could roughly match the fets with IDSS sorting, experiment with the value of source resistor needed for a desired bias current (somewhere between 5-10 mA), and use that resistor for all the matched bottom fets.

Another alternative is to use the BSS159 depletion mode fet for the current source. The consistency of these devices right out of the bag make matching mostly unnecessary. If I recall correctly, ~200 ohms source resistor will get you about 10 mA bias current. Raising the resistor lowers the bias current. As usual, you should use a 1k stopper resistor from gate to ground to prevent oscillation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.