• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

It's heeeeeere!- Valve Amplifiers 4th Edition

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I believe what might be happening is that back orders get filled first and when that happens it is immediately out of stock again. I will report back if my copy arrives this week as it is supposed to. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I've heard of some people getting theirs, but have not kept track.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Mine was supposed to be delivered today, but my wife is in charge - if she actually comes home with it tonight it will probably be a miracle, but I remain hopeful. Either way I will update with the outcome of this seemingly endless wait. Mine was ordered in early December as a Christmas present when the availability date was slated to be the 26th..

I haven't had any luck getting this either. I can order it off of eBay directly from the UK, but that's about it. I'm not that desperate.

My 2nd ed. has held up well over the past 12 years, but I feel a little left out given all that was added to the 3rd. Does anyone know if there is a new "Building Valve Amplifiers" edition as well? I only see the 1st.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Latest update from Amazon is that the book is again delayed, now they are saying I should have it by February 9th. Noting that my copy was ordered before availability was slated to be December 26th..

I have the first and third editions, and would love to have the fourth, at this rate I suspect I'll be lucky to see it by my birthday in July.. :D

The kindle electronic version has been available for a while, but I had no plans to get a kindle. I may now have to reconsider that decision as it seems that paper based specialty books may be going the way of the dodo.. :( Not sure what the problem is but I suspect the publisher is none too healthy if it can't manage the demand for a book with a relatively narrow audience. I'm not thrilled at the moment.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
And I am still waiting for my copy which was ordered from Amazon as a Christmas present in early December. :(
My copy is slated to ship for delivery by February 9th.. I assume current stocks will go to fulfill back orders first, and then new orders will be filled next.

SY assures me it is worth it, but the wait is over long..

It's been a complete joke. I ordered on Dec. 14, 2011 at Amazon. I have since received four messages with new delivery dates, sometimes sooner than previously announced usually further delayed.

The latest [fourth] message arrived yesterday: Morgan Jones "Valve Amplifiers, Fourth Edition" Estimated arrival date: February 23, 2012 - February 29, 2012.

Any ETA that is more than two weeks out might as well be 2014. Past experience says that even a week before the date Amazon got it completely wrong in January. In this case it doesn't even appear to be Amazon's fault. I'm sure that they would gladly ship, if they got books from the publisher.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.