Is this a real TDA1541A?

This one has the S1 and the crown too big, FAKE?

Link to Ebay

Attachments

• TDA1541A_S1.jpg
    TDA1541A_S1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,022
Hi Amauta,

I can't really tell you whether it's real or not, there are some things that are right and some that aren't or are a bit.

- Production date and location match
- Batch seems pretty ok

- The crown and S1 mark are too bright white, can be NOS though

You have a good chance of buying an original one, so not fake.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Some of my TDA were sent to such a scammer, PS Audio. We traded now and then for other parts or kits. After some succesful deals I finally sent him a large lot which was never paid for. Apparently I was not the only one, there are other posts on this subject. Those were original N2. I will check if these look like my TDA. The guy you wrote about seemed to be the same person as PS Audio but this is not sure. I stopped finding out what is what as it took too much time. I do know that I lost a large quantity of TDA Taiwan N2 1998 chips. It is not hard to remove N2 marking IMO.The chips I had were absolutely original and I had them in their original packaging with labels etc. I will check if they are labelled HSH/RSH this evening.

For those that still want the originals: I want to sell my last tube of TDA1541A/N2. Sent me a PM if you want those. I prefer trading for kits, Tripath amps etc.

Last edited:
Finally got the replacement chip from Tzeng-Albert, ant this time it looks like the real deal.

In this photo the first I got from him was the second in the left column, marked HSH0123. This was a fake that overloaded the -15V supply.

The second I got is the one in the right-bottom corner. This one works well and if you compare the markings with the double crown they are identical so the chip is really a '98 Taiwan chip.

Ciao

Andrea

Attachments

• Stock1.jpg
    Stock1.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 878
In the attached pic: left = fake, middle = not sure, right = original

The most remarkable at that fake: Pin 1 to 14 = 5K Ohm, Pin 16 to 27 = 3,5K Ohm

As i see in the right a S1 from week 44 in year 88 with Batch 11126
is it possible to have a S1 from later week 10 in year 89 with smaller Batch 11110 in the middle?
I would be grateful for further information to the middle DACs.

Attachments

• tdafake.jpg
    tdafake.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 786
Last edited:
Look font at "4" and "A"

Yes, this is a fake in the left in my former attached pic as you shown first in your post 137 and andypairo in his post 170.

If i understand right, the font is not the most remarkable. Look at the chips with productionplace JSS. Those seems to be original and have the same different font.

Maybe more the datecode is an indication for a fake. But in a very dangerous kind the possibility to kill your CDP it is.

Where did yours come from ?
Someone send me an MKII to modify and he give this chip with. I have mailed him to ask for the source of this TDA and waiting for answer.

Does somebody know somewhat to middle dacs in my pic?

Here, here and here they have the same inscription however deviating ink in S1 and crown.

I don't know.....

The only thing I will say is that the grading stamp, whether for S1/S2/crown/R1 , is always stamped after the main markings.

However, take a look at paul_peraic / post#152 ...
The grading stamp looks as if it was printed at the same time as the main body print and I would say this is a fake.

Andy