Genuine?

Andy

Attachments

• s2-2crown.jpg
    s2-2crown.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,798
tube-lover said:
hi poynton ,

trust me, pls don't buy the ebay's item tha U post.

Take care, looks old version only had S1 only, no S2 or S1 with doube unless was selected for DA96 or 94 of marantz.

Many re-print I saw. although I directly order from taiwan cost USD 17 per one. stell looks like re-print.

thx

thomas

Hi.

Apparently, the seller was a Tech. Manager for Marantz and 'obtained' 2 of these chips for his own use on a double DAC project.

So he guarantees that they are correct !!!

Could be a bargain - on EBAY UK at the moment - look for TDA1541A

Andy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TDA1541A-Twin...oryZ3272QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the email he sent me :--

Hi Andy

I can give 100% guarantee of this chips authenticity. I realise what you mention regarding the S1 and double crown printing.

Between 1992 and 1998 I worked for Marantz UK as technical manager. I had involvement with the Special Edition (SE) models they were producing at the time, preparing the initial samples for review and supporting production.

If you recall the CD12/DA12 transport and separate D/A converter? A high-end unit. Ken Ishiwata (hope you've heard of him) devised an upgrade mod, one component of which was a double crown selected IC. I carried out all the work required as specified by Ken and it went off for review to Ken Kessler. Subsequently the mod was offered to existing owners of CD12/DA12 units. I carried out the first couple. I have two of these ICs which came from the same packaging tube as the ones we were fitting in this mod at the time. These were with Ken Ishiwatas blessing.

I always intended to build myself a double differential D/A based upon the CD94II output stage, but never quite got around to it.

I realise that this is a sought after device in double crown spec, didn't realise that someone might fake one... Please be assured that this is absolutely what it says it is.

Trust this explains its provenance.

Kind regards ...................................

Yes Poynton, the added stamps: one very s**pid buyer could believe its an original S type.

have seen the add:
The blue display is for the "modern" listeners!
I don't know why he changed the fuzzy window at the same time.
I did and i like that more then the blue filter.

The copper spray over the die-cast chassis is a good idea though.

Just to let u people know the S1 with 2 crowns is the genuine Marantz ex stock . This special type TDA1541a S1 i brought in JAPAN Marantz service centre as an upgrade for my Marantz CD7.
Part number 482220917426 , 74CD7 TDA1541A/N2/S2 . This is the best sounding TDA1541a , better than Tawain made TDA1541a S2 . Hope this will help ;) .
Sorry not for sell , thank

Attachments

• tda1541s2.jpg
    tda1541s2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,714
Anybody know what a " TDA1541 S1" is?

I have one in a Philips CD650 that does not seem to be tampered with.

It has the philips logo, says TDA1541 S1, (not "/A") and NO CROWN :bawling:

HSH8549 5Y

This chip does not sound much different to a regular TDA1541, only slightly more balanced.

There is a much bigger difference between a TDA 1541 and a 1541/A.

I had never heard of a 1541 without the "A/" with S1 in this forum. Is this genuine Philips?