Is this a real TDA1541A?

ash_dac said:
Tda1541a on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....5385363&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V#ebayphotohosting

are these real ones real?

The top one looks a bit funny.Further, never seen HBH96 code on the bottom one.

I think this chip is a fake but unsure:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50598&item=5753023510&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V

Regards,

Ashley.

They all seem genuine to me, with a slight doubt about the one in the middle, in the 1st auction...

Cheers,

Bruno

Attachments

• tda1541a.jpg
    tda1541a.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,629
Hi,

Let me share some opinions.

Philips selection of the N1, N2, R1,R2 & S1,S2 was step by step.

it means although the chips pass the S1 selection & will re-selection to pass S2 standard, then print the logo into it. so most the real S2 had two different colour of crown. But the laterest version 1997~2002 will same colour. I will not said I was right. But this is from the Philips engineer of hong kong.

Btw, pls trust me................... don't buy in china.

Don't buy, They will use sandy machine to polish the surface of the chips then reprint.

as berhard said, unless u had the spectrum analyzer.Otherwise, buy in overseas!!!!!!!!!!!

I order some selected 2002 laterest version 1541a ( made in taiwan) chips MOV 300pcs which I prepare the ver.3 DAC to diyers & hope to maintain cheaper price because will open production line to funish.But when I received the chips. I saw there has some problems. I don't trust the print of the chips. so I return back for them. Now I will only use back my 1541a Old stcok which was white line on the left side & all were Holland & Belgium finish. If u cannot buy the real one S1 or S2. Pls considerate back to use standard 1541a.
Because may be they are same.

some of china reseller use old 1541 to re-print to 1541a S1 or S2.

thx

thomas

I have a feeling that the "roundisch" written "A" combined with old production codes, say before 1995 or so, are real original ones but not sure about that. There exists also original holland production 1541's with straight "A" :confused:

Have here,
Four grinded and reprinted, straight "A"
TDA1541 A (remark: a space between the 1 and the A)
J9927
JSS9721 2 (from taiwan?)
dull philips logo & white band

and 2, not grinded ones:
TDA1541A (roundish "A")
HBH9635 2 (so from holland)
sharp philips logo & white band

I don't trust the grinding & reprinting, they must have done that overthere in the far east , because the HBH are not grinded.

poynton said:

Hi.

I've had a couple of these cd-ps - they usually respond to a complete clean and board wash followed by a resolder job. Some of the caps (most) are also a bit tired and need changing.

Andy

Mine definately needs that....

The circuit boards are corroded on my Mission, and the cdm2 mech' sounds a bit funny when spinning a cd!

ash_dac said:

Mine definately needs that....

The circuit boards are corroded on my Mission, and the cdm2 mech' sounds a bit funny when spinning a cd!

Fortunately, copper salts are water soluble so a good wash in hot water with a toothbrush followed by a rinse with alcohol and then drying for 24hrs will usually 'cure' a lot of problems. I spray the treated boards with conformal coating to protect them.

Andy