is there a difference?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ron E said:

The problem with the test is that the original wire you cut up was not broken in and thus it has no direction, or so someone who believes in such nonsense might say. So they will believe your test is invalid and they can go on believing that what they say is objective truth, even if they lost money. You can't win, SY, it is as pointless as arguing religion.

The whole bobbin may be broken in by Bear before cutting and testing.

Haha we couldn't stop talking about cables for a week?

Really this one should be easy to test for. Why don't I just take a CD and re-record it with a loop back on a set of ordinary balanced cables. Take two colors of tape (red and black) and mark both ends. Then re-record a song 3 times (red+red, red+black, and black+black). Then we can use foobars ABX and we'll see who can really hear the difference. Obviously only one combination should be the correct one. Obviously :D

Key said:
Haha we couldn't stop talking about cables for a week?

Really this one should be easy to test for. Why don't I just take a CD and re-record it with a loop back on a set of ordinary balanced cables. Take two colors of tape (red and black) and mark both ends. Then re-record a song 3 times (red+red, red+black, and black+black). Then we can use foobars ABX and we'll see who can really hear the difference. Obviously only one combination should be the correct one. Obviously :D

You forgot "Black-red"

It is not the same as red-black

Andy

I have a solution though! Double-up on cable, and connect it like two anti-parallel diodes. This way you (a) halve the cable resistance, and (b) get the best direction, no matter which way your ac chooses to travel!
You must NOT buy superconducting cable though, or your current will circle endlessly through the two conductors, in a kind of infinite Kekuléian snake thing.

intolerance generator. insert topic of choice.

is there a God?

if people cannot comprehend the difference between things ie. good and evil, then why do they argue that there is no God? Man if you cannnot experience the difference between say Vishnu on one hand Vs ,,,,, well, the other, Koresh, Smith, Hubbard, damn, I don't know, get a new life.

Best regards

Glowbug said:
poynton said:
Do you mean ...
"Quantum Field Theory"
or
"Quoted for Truth"
..I immediately somehow read it as "Quit ******* Trolling". :D

Ron E said:
You can't win, SY, it is as pointless as arguing religion.
Couldn't agree more.

Glowbug said:
If someone says "this is what I hear", though, I've learned not to argue with that. All I know is what I've heard/read/believe...and I'm not going to apply that to anyone else.
This is obviously the more passive approach to such matters, which I personally think is used much too often. If everyone who held unjustifiable outrageous beliefs since the dawn of civilization simply had the **** slapped out of them by everyone else, I think a lot of unnecessary deaths would have been prevented, not to mention all the other problems "beliefs" tend to cause.

bluebeard said:
intolerance generator. insert topic of choice.

is there a God?

if people cannot comprehend the difference between things ie. good and evil, then why do they argue that there is no God? Man if you cannnot experience the difference between say Vishnu on one hand Vs ,,,,, well, the other, Koresh, Smith, Hubbard, damn, I don't know, get a new life.

Best regards

:rofl:

This is obviously the more passive approach to such matters, which I personally think is used much too often. If everyone who held unjustifiable outrageous beliefs since the dawn of civilization simply had the **** slapped out of them by everyone else, I think a lot of unnecessary deaths would have been prevented, not to mention all the other problems "beliefs" tend to cause.

:p :cheers:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.