Is it possible to repair nakamichi cd pickup "home" laser?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Marko, (email sent) and refer pic.
the arrows point to the 'clamper mech'.
it opens and closes to pick up and release the disc clamp plate.
Will be obvious when you see it work.
I suspect this disc/plate may be somewhere inside the unit.

================================
ukfan4sure!

I'm glad your's is now working.
Thanks for the compliment and offer, but I'm just satisfied that I've helped.

Yes nak are 'difficult' for info etc sometimes.
Gives me more reason to try and help when I can..

Attachments

• untitled - 1.jpg
    untitled - 1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 274
MadMutt said:
Marko, (email sent) and refer pic.
the arrows point to the 'clamper mech'.
it opens and closes to pick up and release the disc clamp plate.
Will be obvious when you see it work.
I suspect this disc/plate may be somewhere inside the unit.

================================
ukfan4sure!

I'm glad your's is now working.
Thanks for the compliment and offer, but I'm just satisfied that I've helped.

Yes nak are 'difficult' for info etc sometimes.
Gives me more reason to try and help when I can..

Thanks, Madd! Also, Marko. Mine was rolling around inside and got stuck in a pretty precarious place. Check inside carefully. It can't get out unless you open the front and it fell out. It will snap into place in the area pointed out. You can see a little "hook" area on the lever. Snap it into place.. Good luck!!

:) :)

well it looks my puck is lost, i bought the unit in an unknown quantity so didn't know what to expect! it's also missing the external dac but i could always use the digital out into a seperate dac until i source one!

i have printed off all 70 pages of the pdf's you sent me madmutt, good bedtime reading there :D

sorry to bring this old thread up, just wondering if anybody has pointers on how to repair a nakamichi cd400 car radio? the tuner works fine, but it won't play cd's. if i press the source button it only switches between fm and aux, it wont acknowledge cd. when i try to insert a cd it won't suck the cd in. i replaced the cd driver ic but it still doesn't work. any help will be appreciated, tnx!

Are you pushing the CD hard enough? nakamichi cd players dont "suck in" the cd like other players, you push, feel resistance, then push a little harder, THEN the mechanism grips the cd. Dumb question on my part, but have to ask.

The players also have a "gate" that folds down to deny a CD when the machine mechanically blocks usage of the cd player. If you push in a CD and only feel resistance rather than a physical block (immediately), that tells me its possible the CD might need to be pushed a little harder.....

Hi guys,

Ive got a Nak mb75 with the e-mecha error.

Now there is no way I am ever going to find someone in Argentina with the repair manuals as they were never sold over here!!

Ive already saved a copy of the images posted by MadMutt, cheers dude! but I could really do with the whole service manual if anyone could be kind enough to send me a copy.

My email is odickinson (at) gmail . com

Im gonna take a look and check up on the problems already listed but it would be nice to have the manual for future reference anyway.

Thanks

Oliver

Nakamichi Cd-700 MECH-E error

Hi guys, hope you can help, well already reading this thread has given me some clues as to the fix of my problem, i've got a nakamichi cd700 and a mf-51 shuttle..phew!! atleast i can play some music thru the mf51 and its digital out thats fed into the cd700 in the meanwhile. a pity it doesnt seem to read copied cd's though..

anyway, when i recently installed my CD700 i by accident left the transport lock plate on and switched it on...i think this is probably what was the start of my problems, nonethless she has been working FINE for around 3weeks now... TILL TODAY, when i tried to eject a cd it would sound like its bashing the cd around inside the deck... eventually returning a mech-e error

I eventually got the cd out....by removing the front plate of the unit...
I tried fiddleing around with the mechanism.... got the following symptoms:

it would go alternate between EJECT AND MECH-E ERRORS ON its own..
at one point the cd would go in... all the way.. and the unit would stall on LOAD...
could see the disc was doing NOTHING inside, and a nudge with my finger made it appear if
the cd was stuck...i.e it wasnt properly on the spindle to spin....

Im assuming...or guessing rather..that the mechanism is now out of alignment...

can anyone PLEEEEASE PRETTY PLEASE give me some pointers on how to align the mechanism... i will obviously take the unit out of the car and put it on a bench or somesuch..

some photos and/or a diagram and or a service manual would be awesome...else just a explanation would be good... im reasonably technical so go ahead...with em tech explanations...

im busy preparing for a regional IASCA SOUND QUALITY competitions, currently 1st in my region in PRO with 358points..

I soo love the cd700, i know its mech and skipping is a bit flawed. this is one of the reasons i installed the MF51 changer with its digital out, i even made a coaxial digital cable which is fed into the CDC DIGITAL IN On the nak. so the awesome BULLETPROOF MF51 SHUTTLE(its got a wicked suspension setup...i can even DRIFT MY E30 325I beemer and it doesnt skip) :) so i get the benefit of the CD700'S great DAC.... the idea was i would NO USE the front loader and only use the changer for daily use... and mostly use the frontloader on competition days...

any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Anton
cape town, south africa

MB-100

Hey guys, sorry to bump it but I had an MB-100 for some time in my car, at one point I tried to repair it and took it apart misaligning everything.

I Recently stumbled upon this forum, and I must say - this is THE best forum hands down for any sort of electronic help. I have gotten so far with it. I have yet to resolder the solder joints on the 107 connector, but I can aready see its the problem, since as I press down on it, the unit actually gets more movement than it has ever gotten and, of course I get the E-MECHA error.

I noticed that I do not have a pick up puck on the unit, and I also never had the surround that came with it, so I would like to know if anyone has spares, can I buy them from you somehow?

My email address is Artem (dot) Lepilov [at] gmail (dot) com

Please contact me there, I check it daily, hourly. I am located in Newton, MA (my user name is a funny:) )

Well, I have resoldered the 107 connector and now I have a fairly ok working unit. It resembles marks unit ideally.

First of all, MadMutt is awesome!!! you rock beyond belief! The fact that I got this far is incredible - I never thought that this thing would even align properly again!!!

Now, in Mark's video, his unit makes interesting noises, as if it is getting stuck, perhaps a switch isnt getting tripped with a puck? I am not sure, but I know that my unit right now is identical to that of mark. If the puck is the answer, the thats all I really need.

Does anyone know where I can get parts for these units? I need a front bezel and a puck.

Thank you all very much!!!

-Artem

someone did have some puck on here but i never got a reply when i expresses interest in buying one, the user might have been in another similar nak thread that was started..

if you do find a supplier with a couple going spare let me know ;)

i missed out on a complete unit with dac for £30 the other day on ebay, i fell asleep 10mins before end of auction :bawling: i need a dac too..

Just picked up a MBIV with the E-MECHA error, am about to reflow the CN107 flexitrack connector, but I suspect I need to do some realigning. Got madmutt's pictures, but can someone email me the service manuals and possibly those modifications? Greatly appreciated. :cool:
sinewaveau7 [ at ) hotmail ( dot ] com

Was able to fumble my way through disassembling the mechanical assemblies, and was able to realign the stack post gears. Lo and behold, my magnetic puck plate was stuck ontop of the spindle motor instead of in it's holder! I can't test it at the moment because I'm not at my home tonight and don't have any power supplies here to run it. :(
Will let you know if it worked out. Anyone got any tips for keeping these units running well? Gonna go over all the working parts with a new splash of mechanical oil and resolder a few dull solder joints. A big thanks to you all. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.