Is it possible to repair nakamichi cd pickup "home" laser?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok

hi all
ok for months now ive had the nak cd 700 on the workbench, stripped, but i havent started the repair. tomorrow im resoldering cn107. as for the real cause of my problem, definitely the puck, i found it on the spindle....

could someone explain to me how the puck attaches to the arm, also ive somehow managed to get the arm stuck close to those 2 little white "gates"..dont want to turn the unit on yet as for fearing of stripping gears etc..

perhaps some1 has a photo of how the puck looks attached to the arm...
where does it clip in to be more particular...

thanks in advance
Anton

puck

hi guys
i re-assembled the unit after doing CN107,
i didnt switch the unit on long enough to see if i get e-mecha, i do know that before i layed up the player (nak cd 700) it used to give a e-mecha error fairly quick....

what happens now is the puck gets lost ontop of the spindle...
maybe i didnt clip it in properly...?
whats the #1 reason these pucks come off the arm?

u see ,, long before my cd700 got layed up, i for long used the mf51 shuttle as my source on the cd700 as the cd mechanism/frontloader wasnt working,
then one morning i got to the car turned the cd700 on, i can switch to CDC but its asif the preamp doesnt turn on..no sound..but i can see on the display the cd is playing(the cd inside mf51)

however, on the cd700 there is a sound, it sounds like a motor thats turning and turning, sounds like its scratching or something...a scuffing sound not a grinding sound...

it seems to be coming from near the arm area...

any suggestions?

thanks in advance
Anton

update

hi guys
update on my cd700 nak restoration project...
the screeching/scratching sound is coming from the spindle motor!!!

the motor that drives the laser pickup left or right is 100's!!!
took a 3v cell and put it on the terminals of the motor and it moves the laser pickup
perfectly!

so a new spindle motor it is....

any suggestions?

i have a clarion 835mp pro audio unit that is stuffed, would its spindle motor work??

was wondering

was wondering,
since i may never find the nak cd 700 spindle motor assembly or it might be a while,
i was wondering what the possibility is of simply NOT CONNECTING the ribbon cables of the cd mechanism, so the cd mechanism will be dissconnected, but in essence all i will be using of the nakamichi cd700 is its preamp & dac since i will be running it via optical to a nakamichi mf51 changer, which is quiet reliable!!

when the unit's spindle motor was screeching, i popped a diode d403, and a resistor...
easily replaceable.
the diode d403 is the first component inline with the YELLOW power wire..

niteowl

hi niteowl,
thx for the reply, excellent to know that these parts exist somewhere... im sure it'd be alot easier to get the parts from u than from nak singapore.

could you post me your email address, or if u prefer you can send it to me via private message.. so i can liase with you as to what parts you have, pricing etc..etc

thanks again!!

Anton

cd 700

update cd-700 repair:

this is just for those out there that are or want to undertake a cd700 repair, im just sharing my experiences as i go along....

initially unit was making like a screeching noise followed by a e-mecha error....
i assumed (wrongly) that this was a motor, i eventually blew diode d403 which is the first component inline with the yellow power wire.

i also blew R413 which is a 3.3ohm 1w surface mount resistor,....

i started by disconnecting the spindle motor thinking this was the problem, i then systematically would power the unit up, disconnecting 1 motor at a time

till it was only the main pcb and the pre amp pcb left... still screeching till finally i isolated this
screeching noise... RY301 RYR02 RY303 RY306, THESE sit directly behind the connector that connects the faceplate to the unit... they are 4 little mini relays...one or more have failed...

if only i had reliased this beforehand, for i now have to re-assemble the travers/laser and spindle assembly...finnicky business..

cheers
Anton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.