Is it possible to repair nakamichi cd pickup "home" laser?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MadMutt said:
no probs.

Have a really good torch handy.
The alignment marks on those pillars are fkn hard to see.

Oh, and if you need to turn the posts, you can just 'lift' them a smidge to free them from the gear wheel teeth.

But I say again, WATCH THOSE F01 CAPS AND SPRINGS.

well the stripdown/allignment/rebuild went very well without loosing the small parts.

still no joy with the unit though, still getting e/mecha but the intersting thing is when i press around the cn107 area it starts to reset itself then cuts out randomely.

so it looks like i need someone with micro soldering skills because mine arn't too clever with a 25watt soldering iron :smash:

marko said:

well the stripdown/allignment/rebuild went very well without loosing the small parts.

still no joy with the unit though, still getting e/mecha but the intersting thing is when i press around the cn107 area it starts to reset itself then cuts out randomely.

so it looks like i need someone with micro soldering skills because mine arn't too clever with a 25watt soldering iron :smash:

Don't wanna sound like a smart ar-e.
So I won't say anything :clown:

Even though I have surface mount and reflow experience, first time I saw the connector I shuddered.

After the tenth I was, meh, nudda one.

Between the first and second I got the 0.3mm solder.
Made a world of difference.

Best of luck to ya...

Oh, the first one I did, I umm, damaged some tracks.
Ended up using a single strand of thin wire to remake the tracks.
Whole lot is glued down now.

Oh yes, some of the later boards had a drop of black or white 'glue' placed along the edge of the board to try and secure the connector better.
By the number of those I did I don't know how effective it was :cannotbe:

Attachments

• 02610_rj.jpg
    02610_rj.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 281
markshutt (at) blueyonder.co.uk

something about that puck in your picture looks differant to mine, not what if anything but i have a hunch :confused: also, it's never possible to insert a cd because the 2 little tabs are always in the "locked" position...

thanks, mark.

Damn! That could be what is wrong with mine!
I heard this "rattling" around inside when I bought it (during shipping).

Inside i found the puck. I thought it went on TOP of the black plastic one. It seemed logical!

Now it looks like I will be tearing mine open again!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, just maybe!!

She's Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so elated I can hardly stand it!!

MaddMutt, you ROCK!!

You posting the picture of the "puck" was the key! I had "replaced" into the wrong spot.

Of course, don't blame me, I had no diagrams and couldn't find anyone to even WORK on Nakamichi. I understand they suck for service.

Please email me, MaddMutt. I have something for you! ($$ hint).

You just saved me a boat load of frustration and you taking the time to post here was the key to my sucess!

Thank you!...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.