Is it possible to build a good amplifier out of junk parts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
WTF on earth are those resistors paralleled with a diode? strange combination :p

Haahahahahhahahahaha... not a diode:nownow:, they are two series resistors in order to sum 100 ohms! They are paralleled with a blown fuse!:flame:
That is a trick to adjust bias (author's idea): you replace rail fuses with those wonders, and adjust bias, while measuring the voltage drop across 100 ohms resistors (in that case, about 4VDC). Then place back original fuses to enjoy the sound!:p
Cheers and thanks for commenting,
Max.

Haahahahahhahahahaha... not a diode:nownow:, they are two series resistors in order to sum 100 ohms! They are paralleled with a blown fuse!:flame:
That is a trick to adjust bias (author's idea): you replace rail fuses with those wonders, and adjust bias, while measuring the voltage drop across 100 ohms resistors (in that case, about 4VDC). Then place back original fuses to enjoy the sound!:p
Cheers and thanks for commenting,
Max.
Don't know what was happening around my head, I was mean to say fuse instead of diode. Now I can see you approach ;)

Neither I do compare to the author of this amplifier, for his experience in life.
But I am a serious person, but somebody is trying for unknown reasons to stop me wherever I go!
And make use of private messages, contrary to somebody's way, who uses to demoralize people through the threads, trying to act as an emperor. But he isn't one at all!
I know he has done much for us, and I am grateful. HE CAN'T SEE THIS, for he is blind!
The same time he had this fight with me, he did the same with all his thread partners. Most of them leaved the thread!!! Just take a look.

There has been some misunderstanding here (posts #45 and #46), and I apologize for not being clear.
This text refers only to Mr. Carlos Eugenio Bezerra Mergulhão, aka DestroyerX.
Regards,
Max.

Last edited:
Happy anniversary!!!

Happy anniversary, junk-parts DX Blame!!!
It makes one fine and joyful year since my first DIY amp has been very first tested and brought to life.
Thanks to very good design, I am happy! :D
Thanks diyaudio, thanks Mr. CEBM.
All the best to you all folks.
Max.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.