Iron Pre Essentials Kits For The DIYA Store - Register Your Interest

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Just so I can stop watching the store for this, a question. Great it is making it to the store! Now, are the 100 SE and 50 balanced the units what "will make it to the store" at end of year, or these kits (100 + 50) for those who sign up, and there will be others available after the first of the year?

Russellc
Howdy!

Great question. I'll cover a bit more than you asked just to keep everyone as informed as we can.

We have parts (mostly in hand now and a bit more on the way soon) for the 100 + 50. So, that quantity is a near certainty.

No need to keep an eye on the store. You're on the list. We'll send out a note. This isn't a pre-order, so no one will be asked to pay before the kits are ready to ship.

The people on the list have dibs for the first 150. If all 150 aren't allocated, any remaining kits will be listed in the store for anyone to buy. Shipping for the 150 kits is likely to be before the end of this year, but it's not a guarantee.

What's next?

It's becoming more and more likely that this will be a permanent addition to the store. Yay! Availability for kits after the first 150 will be after the first of the year. For total transparency, future kits likely will not have JFETs from Nelson Pass. His generosity is boundless; his stash of JFETs isn't.

As a side note - If you'd like both SE and Balanced kits, please put your name in twice. That work-around was found by a few clever people already; nicely done. I didn't think to put that option in the dropdown. Mea Culpa.

Reactions: 6 users
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
(no intention to mud water around, but I personally would be happy to see "my small" Aleph J in Store, in place of or as option to existing Aleph J; dunno for others, but I'm unable to learn that particular set of pcbs, to be able to help Greedy Boy in need ...... and my impression is - there is too much need for help with existing package; I know that Jim is having own life to live, but hope he'll find some time sooner than later)

Reactions: 3 users
(no intention to mud water around, but I personally would be happy to see "my small" Aleph J in Store, in place of or as option to existing Aleph J; dunno for others, but I'm unable to learn that particular set of pcbs, to be able to help Greedy Boy in need ...... and my impression is - there is too much need for help with existing package; I know that Jim is having own life to live, but hope he'll find some time sooner than later)
miniJ??

Reactions: 1 user
98EC98D2-5E73-47FC-8057-9E575A865EC1.jpeg

Very straight forward, and sounds awesome :)

Reactions: 6 users