Interesting cable from Europe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK... that is brain surgery...

The gentlemen is sampling his cable because he hopes to sell some of it... is that HARD to grasp? He probably bought a roll of 20,000 meters at a surplus auction. Where is the spec sheet? Where is the part number? Why doesn't the seller explain how to properly terminate the wire?

It looks like low grade, reject, spark-plug wire to me... probably from a Yugo factory!

The problem is that one moron will get some cable... and speak of its virtues... no data... no facts... just listening (from people that listen to disco & pop)... but that won't matter.

This forum should be better than that... should it not? This isn't about being open minded... it's about being stupid.

DAMN!

Can I sell you some lake property in Florida? Why can't people who don't know jack trust poeple that DO know jack?

:(

jarthel,

Right! Oh so right! Audio is not about science anymore... really. It is about APPLIED SCIENCE... engineering. There are a few mysteries I 'spose... and speakers still SUCK!

The guys that figured: earth around the sun, moon around the earth, weren't selling anything, in fact, they got punished for speaking the truth.

BTW... I have spent plenty of time, as have many others, helping you with a design; don't go down this path, we enjoy helping others.

This is just BS.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Poobah and few others
you are damn rude in last few pages;
tarcuper give samples,without any obligation ;

he want to sell what he have,but without any obligation,again ;

now,just reread his posts in this thread,and you'll see that he's not sneak oiling in any moment;
before sending samples,he even didn't say anything about expected quality and virtues.

now-if you or someone else continue with this pupu sharade what's good and what's not,I'll personally report to mods that we have here issue with typical school children bullying

:hot:

Ya know, I'm kinda with Poobah on this one. A couple of posts back, somebody responded to my post and said something like "...you might progress from your current understanding of audio" and went on to talk about how it was more "emotional" and "spiritual". Hmmm, okay that's kinda weird. Aren't there bigger fish to fry in improving audio than the 0.000000% THD wires? These differences are so large that nobody wants to take part in blind listening tests. So when a new super-material is stumbled upon and listened too, it wont be subjected to any scientifically based testing. I don't know, that sounds all very mystical.

All,

This came from van den Hul's 3rd paragraph... where I stopped.
I have named this: Cross Crystal Distortion (CCD).

Does this guy have anything to sell? Why doesn't the big shot Nobel scientist publish a white paper?

Choky,

You KNOW better than this... or you should... really.

You know... the man on the corner also gives you your first rocks of crack for free. NOT an accusation... just something to remember.

REAL products have REAL data sheets with specifications. The real data sheets will tell you how to use the product (terminate?).

Has this stuff been dipped in liquid nitrogen?

Will it work better with pointy feet on the bottom?

Does it have arrows so we know which direction to put it?

How long does it take to break in?

How long before it wears out?

How fast is it?

Is it Oxygen free?

Who is the manufacturer?

What is the part number?

Where is the data sheet?

Where did you get it and how?

:rolleyes:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
poobah said:
All,

This came from van den Hul's 3rd paragraph... where I stopped.

Does this guy have anything to sell? Why doesn't the big shot Nobel scientist publish a white paper?

Choky,

You KNOW better than this... or you should... really.

You know... the man on the corner also gives you your first rocks of crack for free. NOT an accusation... just something to remember.

REAL products have REAL data sheets with specifications. The real data sheets will tell you how to use the product (terminate?).

Has this stuff been dipped in liquid nitrogen?

Will it work better with pointy feet on the bottom?

Does it have arrows so we know which direction to put it?

How long does it take to break in?

How long before it wears out?

How fast is it?

Is it Oxygen free?

Who is the manufacturer?

What is the part number?

Where is the data sheet?

Where did you get it and how?

:rolleyes:

poobah
yes,I received samples but,due to my constant lack of time in last period,I didn't tried them yet.
but-that is not really important;
what is important-I didn't reacted on your opinion,or professional attitude or whatever,and I usually have attitude regarding snake oiling same as yours ;
I reacted on way how you and few other boyz and girlz here presented own attitude - in bad manners and in lousy way.

tarcuper do his job in polite way ;
you and I and anybody else can have each own opinion about articles he try to sell,but we also have obligation to be polite to other members.
next step freely can be that we call ppl names as schweine,pig,racist etc,whenever other side have diff opinion .

correct me if I'm wrong ?

I repeat-I really don't have any opinion about sonic capabilities of tarcuper's cables either positive or negative;
not yet.

Choky,

I haven't called anybody anything. Sorry if anyone is offended.

I'll just watch from now on...

But, someone will come along and report good results with this cable... then where does it go? Think about it...

Someone is going to get offended by the circumstances and truths... not me. Research "N-Rays".

BS is a communicable disease... nothing wrong with vaccinations.

And yes Exhausted Mule... I was spoiling for fight... nothing makes me madder than this never ending cable garbage, and N-Rays.

:)

that's ok poobah,

I sure there are alot of things that get your angst going...

as for the cables, I am sure i will be able to form my own opinion about these otherwise i would have started my own thread concerning the benefits/downfalls of using a said type of carbon as an electrical conductor.

Like i posted earlier. i will compare everyaspect of these cables with modern top of the line interconnects ( i plan on using these from pre>amp). I will post my findings as subjectively and un-biasly (word?) as possible.

general antics like yours spoil if for anybody who might be unbiased towards their goals.

Audio isn't a cult, its a way of life. so pls. give those involved a little more credit and respect. its only kind to ask of from such a dedicated individual such as you no?

(P.S. If they sound like **** i wont use them. plain and simple)

FWIW, I can think of a few occasions where a high[er] resistance cable might be of some use -like with low Q FR drivers being powered with an SS amp. It's should help lower the damping factor and prevent said amp overdamping the driver and the bass from vanishing, so there is some science here. But equally, 30AWG magnet wire or a small high-power resistor would have the same effect. I can't see there being anything else notable though. If it's not monstrously priced, no voodoo lies are used to market it, and it makes people enjoy their system more (irrespective of whether or not it actually makes a difference itself), fair enough.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
poobah said:
Choky,

I haven't called anybody anything. Sorry if anyone is offended.

I'll just watch from now on...

But, someone will come along and report good results with this cable... then where does it go? Think about it...

Someone is going to get offended by the circumstances and truths... not me. Research "N-Rays".

BS is a communicable disease... nothing wrong with vaccinations.

And yes Exhausted Mule... I was spoiling for fight... nothing makes me madder than this never ending cable garbage, and N-Rays.

:)

nah;
just enjoy in your audio fun and leave others to do the same ;)

express your opinion ,same as others;

tell that something is BS,and that's always fine with me;

but-what is important -you can always be a gentleman .

in this world,where we all can have different tastes and opinions , we need one common thing to communicate- politeness.
besides that,you can count that we ,luckily,have another common thing-passion for music and electronic

:devilr:

Scottmoose said:
FWIW, I can think of a few occasions where a high[er] resistance cable might be of some use....

Or a grid stopper ahead of an input tube, normally much higher than a few ohms in resistance. I have no interest in trying but there's probably an argument to be made that high resistance interconnects stabilize some less than optimally-designed (cough...cough) front ends.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
rdf said:

..... but there's probably an argument to be made that high resistance interconnects stabilize some less than optimally-designed (cough...cough) front ends.

why for "less than optimally....."

interconnect can bring differences in sound ;for worse or better-that is often decided with someone's ears or -better-taste.

on the other hand-why is always presumed that any wire for signal (except speaker wire ) must have negligible resistance?

negligible comparing to what?

I'm really not questioning here;just pointing on (I think) most important issue in debate (weakest point in arguments of one side).

just for record-I'm not on any side ;good piece of conductor is good,no matter does it have or not few ohms

I didn't say resistance is bad, only that it might be beneficial in a cable under certain conditions. It was meant as inclusive, not exclusive. As I know you know, added resistance between final output device and first input device is a very, very common practice, usually in the form of a grid stopper in tube circuits for example. Some designers may not use them, in those cases high R cables might provide a rather prosaic benefit. If so the reason here would be rather uncontroversial even if the expense wasn't. That isn't to say carbon might not have a benefit elsewhere. If like a resistor the cable generates low level 2nd harmonic, there is the theoretical possibility of distortion cancellation when followed by an active device with equal 2nd harmonic content. It would be rare and of contestable benefit but possible.

This example too isn't to be exclusive, just tossing out potential ideas for investigation. More importantly, I haven't a clue, having never seen or touched the stuff. Growing up, mom always warned me never to make concrete proclamations on complex and arcane physical interactions at the sub-atomic level beyond my personal realm of experimental experience. (She also said never lie but I obviously just failed her with that last sentence.)

It's a certainty that somewhere, somehow, the application of resistance will improve things. I have wondered the same thing about serendipitous cancellation in tube rigs being resonsible for the charmed reputation of carbon comps.

The danger lies in falsely assessing causality; especially when it comes to something like cable...

:xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.