[INDIA] Chassis, knobs, PCB makers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Toroidal transformers in India

ssmith said:
This may be interesting for India diyers:
I should get the items in a couple of weeks, and will post a follow up.

another company that makes good stuff is a company called miracle electronics in Bangalore. I get my Torroids made there. Excellent stuff if you ask me.

Still to find a good OPT maker in India though! :-(

well, the toroids arrived -- first rate quality and they test as per the specs given prior to the build. The toroids are finished with magnetic shielding tape and are potted. The label says 'Plitron/Salzer'.

As Navin said, always good to have another address which is diyer friendly.

By the way, anyone know where I could source air core inductors????? -- I need 4x 2.2mh 12/14awg coils for a Pass amp PSU filter..... so far haven't been able to find a place. I'm in delhi, but an address anywhere else in india would be great.

Go to the electronics market opposite the Red Fort.
You will get anything you want.
Enamelled wire can be bought in very small quantities also. Like say 250 gm !! Or 250 Kilos !
You also get small manual winding machines which cost about US$100/- or less.
Delhi has everything.
Cheers.

Many thanks for the help, and also to member JPS who mailed me off-list.
So I checked out Bhagirath place -- and found enamelled wire. Problem, however, was that in all the shops I checked the minimum purchase was 20kg :cannotbe:

However I was given an address which sells in smaller quantities. It's on the opposite side of the road to the McDonalds and the entrance to the Bhagirath market.

Hari Singh
239/25 Kunjas Street (more like an alley)
Dariba (a street with jewellers)

ph: 2328 6190

They had a very good selection and sold me 4kgs of 14swg.
So I took Navin's suggestion and rolled my own. Not with a lathe, just a bolt and plates attached to an electric drill. Worked out OK -- good enough for a PSU choke, but if you;re planning nice speaker coils I'd do it properly :D

On another subject (and in the interest of keeping this thread updated with regards to addresses), I tracked down SPM Metalcraft in Lakshmi Nagar (they supposedly make racks/cases/chassis). However they've moved to Gujarat....

Now I'm trying to track down a metalworker with nice thick alluminium sheets....

Have yet to check out the Noida addresses Sumit kindly offered on this thread (metal workshops), though would welcome any other Delhi chassis suggestions.

ssmith said:

They had a very good selection and sold me 4kgs of 14swg.
So I took Navin's suggestion and rolled my own. Not with a lathe, just a bolt and plates attached to an electric drill. Worked out OK -- good enough for a PSU choke, but if you;re planning nice speaker coils I'd do it properly :D

14SWG is about as thinck as you can roll well using the technique you used. Once you get to thicker wire a small lathe is really nice to have.

ssmith said:

By the way, anyone know where I could source air core inductors????? -- I need 4x 2.2mh 12/14awg coils for a Pass amp PSU filter..... so far haven't been able to find a place. I'm in delhi, but an address anywhere else in india would be great.

You could try Corrson electronics www.corrson.com at Bangalore. They can make you custom inductors. I just used a set of them for my speaker crossovers.

Hari

Re: Latest Miracle toroid prices..........

ashok said:
Anyone bought toroidal transformers from Miracle lately ?
I bought a few and find their prices are higher than Avel Lindberg from Parts Express ! :eek:

New development ? Who else make toroids to order over here ?

Miracle claims this is due to increases in copper prices over the past year. Parts Express probably sources it from China in bulk.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.