[INDIA] Chassis, knobs, PCB makers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
emersa said:
I have been following this post for some time now. Some of you guys are from Mumbai and seem to have built your own tube amplifiers.

I am in the process of building a Class A tube amp myself. Can someone help me with this...

I imported my tubes (6SL7, 6SN7, EL34), sockets and OPTs from Singapore and got my power traffos from Miracle in Banagalore.

I do know that Mumbai's electronics market does carry the 12AX7 and 6V6GT but I am not sure about the 5Y3GT. This market is located in Lamington Road and it's by lanes like Chunam lane etc. You have to hunt around.

Hope this helps.

navin said:

I imported my tubes (6SL7, 6SN7, EL34), sockets and OPTs from Singapore and got my power traffos from Miracle in Banagalore.

I do know that Mumbai's electronics market does carry the 12AX7 and 6V6GT but I am not sure about the 5Y3GT. This market is located in Lamington Road and it's by lanes like Chunam lane etc. You have to hunt around.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help. I would be visiting Lamington Road pretty soon to do my recon. Could you give me the address to the Singapore tube dealer?

Looks like I might need a toroidal tansformer for my NMOS200 quasi amp. The 30V supply I am using now for testing does not even allow me to bias the amp properly. I am looking at a 40-0-40, 12A transformer. What would it cost?

Hari, will your guy make it and how much did your transformer cost? Miracle will be very expensive.

where do I go to buy a LM4702 (or LME49810) ?
rs-india has it for Rs 800, and Amar Electronics (Lamington Road) is asking for Rs 125.

I don't want to pay 800 if its really available for 125, but I have a bad feeling if I buy the Rs125 part, I will get home and find its made of copper and plastic but no silicon.

"......LM4702 was in a 14pin DIL package ........" :hot:

You should have asked them what it's application was !
A valid question because your 4702 is packaged differently .

HD-4702 is a CMOS Programmable Bit Rate Generator . But the chip has 16 pins. Any chance of a mix up? Price will possibly be in a similar range.

There are lots of unused turntables lying around India. Good units going for very low prices. Most are just gathering dust as the owners don't want to dump it for free and no one seems to want to buy them.
So keep searching and ask people who have parents who might have good turntables. It might take a while but you will certainly get one for much less than $100/- ! AND there will be LOTS of them in the Mumbai area. There are tons of Technics turntables around .
Start asking .............................!

I've done some searching already ... all I found were some old piezoelectric pickup turntables.

Plus a turntable that hasn't been played in 10 years will have the rubber parts all melted.

$100 seems like a very reasonable amount to me - my local hi-fi store has turntables starting at Rs15,000 :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.