Incredible quality amplifier by Graham, prepare your ears for it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am terrible sorry to ruine your language Sheldon.

I have bougth a dictionaire, and this one will be used as it is not smelling bad because of fungus....now i will take a good look the way words are correctly written.

Fungus... white or brown or green plants that born in places were you have humidity and low ligth conditions.

Also i will try not to create words too.

I was never in school to learn English.... the words i know are the result of big effort.

By the way, as i use to follow your texts too.... congratulations because you have fixed your ground loop problems.

hehe...sorry.

Carlos

Re: I am terrible sorry to ruine your language Sheldon.

destroyer X said:

I have bougth a dictionaire, and this one will be used as it is not smelling bad because of fungus....now i will take a good look the way words are correctly written.

Fungus... white or brown or green plants that born in places were you have humidity and low ligth conditions.

Also i will try not to create words too.

I was never in school to learn English.... the words i know are the result of big effort.

By the way, as i use to follow your texts too.... congratulations because you have fixed your ground loop problems.

hehe...sorry.

Carlos

It's fine to look at a dictionary. But "correct" is not a matter of some law, but only of how words are actually used. Languages are living things and words and word usage are changed over time by those who use them. You use English (and better than you will admit), so you are just as entitled to make changes as anyone else who uses the language. And, I meant what I said about liking your new words. Changes that make language more precise or more beautiful, or just more fun, are good changes. Changes that confuse or obscure are not. So if you happen to create new words, and if they are good ones, then it is our gain.

The French government makes great effort to keep the language from changing. They like their language, and it is a beautiful one. But their fight is a lost cause. Entropy is relentless. As one of my professors (Paul Saltman - a great educator), described the first law of entropy; "you can't **** up a fire hose". Or (if the forum language nanny finds that offensive), the clumsy version "you can't (insert the Australian slang for beer here) up a fire hose".

As for ground loop problems, maybe by changing transistors I cured a ground problem too. Anyway the amp is now quiet. Ah, the never ending quest for perfection.

Sheldon

You have a very clever and flexible mind

And that flexibility is the main characteristic of intelligence...as you have nothing to impeach you to use your mind in many ways...we can have several solutions for a single problem...and nothing is entirelly perfect.

Yes...there is nothing that cannot receive some contribution related language.

Language is a living thing...subjected to modifications...and the future will produce some "international terms" that will turn our life easier.

French is a Latin root language..alike Portuguese, Italian and Spanish...those languages are very clear to Portuguese speaking people...no problem to understand.

J'aime le français!

regards,

Carlos

Ah!...questo va molto benne!...oh!..this is a nice kiddings.

Good to have you all as good friends.

Delicado (hehe..delicated) means soft touch...gentle touch...the touch you give to flower not to destroy them.

It is possible that can have connection to Delikatessen....Delikat plus essen...eating soft things...as German has some connection with Latin because of ancient Roman Empire.

I found the words:

Musica and Harmônica in Croatia.

.....................................................................................................

Returning to thread..the main subject....the Graham amplifier i am doing...very lazy those days..is this one.

Because of Forum Rules and Regulations, moderators and the long arm of the law.

......................................................................................................

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_0363.jpg
    img_0363.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 608
AKSA said:
Sheldon,

I always loved Carlos' word 'delicating'.

Marvellous!! Captures the essence of being delicate beautifully, with almost a feminine allure.......

Cheers,

Hugh

I missed that one. It's a good one. Delicating, verb - adding refinement in form or function, especially with great sensitivity.

Carlo's wants to apologize for not being formally trained in English. I'm glad he wasn't. Formal education has value, but it also emphasizes conformity to current norms. A popular notion in our present culture is the idea of "thinking outside the box" (outside the norms). Carlos doesn't have to try, he is "outside the box". No native speaker would come up with such poetic modifications and conjugations of ordinary words.

But there is one other element of personality at work. Carlos is not afraid to express his own style. I think that he and Satchel Paige would have gotten on well. Satchel was a highly skilled and enormously popular baseball pitcher in the Negro leagues, at a time when only white players were allowed in the top professional leagues. A short version of his philosophy: "work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like nobody's watching."

Sheldon

My place, the Destroyer point...i will be thinking how to construct GEM chassis

If the girls let me in peace for the time needed to make reflections.

I am afraid that i will not have time...counting the girls passing in front of me.

this is the place they walk.

Go or not to go?...this is the question...stay constructing or not?

Oh!>..i am so unhappy with that doubt!...hehe

Carlos

Attachments

• 800 meters distance..my home..front left.jpg
    800 meters distance..my home..front left.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 845
Grataku has not bad intentions...this is the result of the bad propaganda made by our

Tourism sector management.

They always sold womans surrounding beaches.... as i have done...but i was selling beauty and charm...not more than that.

And in some places, alike the one i leave, exist some market for European tourists...some island of dreams...not the real world ...as we are really a little bit puritans here.

Sex not allowed, freely, before marriage, or clear promiss of marriage...there are enormous control even now a days.

Well...back to topic...help me to put the thread on the rails again Felipe.

O pessoal de fora é iludido com esse Marketing sujo que fizeram do nosso paiz...quando na realidade as mulheres não dão essa confiança que êles imaginam.

The foreigners received that illusion...that dark marketing, very dirty thing they made, our propaganda people...when in the reality our womans do not give room for that imagination...with exception the sex professionals...of course.

I will not write, anymore, other subject than the topic...to avoid deviation from the main subject.

regards,

Carlos

The ones that intend to construct GEM, please, do not forget

to use your reference amplifier, another one that you have, and install it to produce some A to B comparison.

And them...please, publish your results here.

The sketch is showing speaker comparison...but it is easy to change it to amplifiers comparison...having a single speaker and two amplifiers under testing.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• ab testing.jpg
    ab testing.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 769
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.