• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
It can be done by mounting the stationpi on a piece of aluminium a little bigger than the stationpi. . Then you can use long stand off that will help you to position the UcConditioner board a few centimeters above the raspberry. You can even mount it in such a way that the green connectors on stationpi and UcConditioner will be just a few centimeters apart.
You can use a similar idea for the 3,3 volt boards but you will take care about cables ( if you will use the clocks from Andrea)
I will make a construction with 3 levels where the first floor will be the lifepo4 board.
And i will use 3 3,3 volt boards plus the big 5 volt board.
Greetings, eduard

My packages have arrived. thanks ian[/QUOTE]

The Design Team ? :D

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 504
Disabled Account
Joined 2020
@69mach1

I made the mistake of waiting for a GB, but not the mistake of ordering off AP.

If I had to do it over again, I would order the foundational pieces directly from Ian and save the GB for the latest and greatest supplemental pieces. Usually, the established foundational pieces are not part of a new GB.

What helps is to download the Excel Order Form and plug in your potential purchase. If you can keep your order under 200g, that will help with shipping costs as you can spread out your orders instead lumping one huge order.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

I mention this as the GB takes a long time when I could of went through the learning process much sooner. I could of easily just ordered the foundational pieces which ended up not being a part of a new GB at the $7 shipping price point. This allow multiple orders as I can just order what's needed as requirements change and new products are released.

It's difficult to just place one static lump sum order and then that's it, no more orders needed. The only current product that looks to be a part of the new GB is the ReClockPi. If you know you only need one order and not need another order again, then I guess that's worth waiting for the GB process. But it's rarely that simple.

I find I needed to order something every 3-6 months as requirements or a new product is released, so my main criteria now is just to order under 200g and if there's a product that pushes over 200g I just put that in the queue until the next order.

An issue with under 200g multiple orders is risk as shipping is not handled by a big name shipping company but the local postal service. I don't worry about this as Canada Post <==> USPS is pretty solid. Unless you live in a place where postal service is unreliable, then maybe the multiple shipment route may not be ideal.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello Ian,
A pair of these big and i guess heavy caps will be '' installed '' using the usual methods seen on diy audio upon a piece of wood that is already overpopulated.
One day when you are bit tipsy during a blind test with your audio mates and then someone causes a short circuit with a ring, watch, belt, zipper when you are out to get more booze.
Greetings, eduard

I have experimented with 3000F caps on the UcConditioner. It works, but in my opinion it is a big chunky piece of power supply for very little improvement over the standard UcConditioners and only for 5v. I usually have several power supply rails to populate and also at higher voltages.

Maybe Ian has designed a better way to use them: floating like a battery supply instead of parallel to the raw power supply.

Attachments

• 110BA670-2376-4151-B09C-E3CB3A8D898D.jpeg
    110BA670-2376-4151-B09C-E3CB3A8D898D.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 774
  • ED7F05E0-950C-4E55-B422-C4BF64355CF0.jpeg
    ED7F05E0-950C-4E55-B422-C4BF64355CF0.jpeg
    317.4 KB · Views: 756
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
Of course the 3000F can offer some benefits if it can be used without being connected to the electricity coming from the wall.
BUT if you count the number of crimping, soldering and "" sliding " contacts i wonder why nobody tries reducing that number. Once you know where exactly the UcHybrid board will be positioned in relation to the lifepo4 cell there will be room for improvement. WHY not solder a cable at both ends to connect the cell to the supercaps..i think the big number of contacts between these two parts will do more damage than a bit more cable. But of course if you can use 3 inch, 8 centimeters good cable directly soldered why not.
If you use the supplied cable it will cost you nothing. .
Greetings,Eduard

I have experimented with 3000F caps on the UcConditioner. It works, but in my opinion it is a big chunky piece of power supply for very little improvement over the standard UcConditioners and only for 5v. I usually have several power supply rails to populate and also at higher voltages.

Maybe Ian has designed a better way to use them: floating like a battery supply instead of parallel to the raw power supply.

Please wait for my UcPure for the 3000F ultra capacitors.

Regards,
Ian

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
I think that adding this seize/weight of caps to the already big collection of boards on a wooden panel like we can see here usually will be downright dangerous. These caps need to be attached in a proper way, no tie raps, instant glue, silicon kit or duc tape.
Greetings, Eduard