I would like to see what we can do to help Zen Mod attend Burning Amp 2011

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, the latest.

Ticket purchased!

Choky will have nice flight managing to land in NYC and from there to SF, all in the daylight, window seat confirmed, camera not supplied. Choky and myself chose option to fly from Budapest, as the price was almost half from what would be going from Belgrade, and he is located sort of in the middle between the two cities. That way we got the ticket and some shopping funds while in States. I was hoping for the option for him to fly by Air France on the new A380, as i know they have that on the flights to SF, but could not find it. He will be flying American Airlines. Dates are set leaving on 28tht and returning on 12th.

I discouraged Choky from bringing his magic potion, it is quite happy event just having him and Magura as guests, not worth the trouble on customs. And, since they will stay in the very close proximity of Napa and Sonoma country-30 min ride, I am sure we will have enough choices to experiment.

I would like personally to thank everyone who participated in this great idea, and particularly to thank GGetzoff who started it. Now all we have to do is wait two more months and see each other at the Burning Amp. What an awesome bunch of great guys you are!

Thank you
AR2 - Vladimir

Joined 2006
Paid Member
On Loooooooooooooog flights - it is wise to get up and walk around a bit every couple of hours for blood circulation. Also - stay hydrated - with water (not the other stuff).

Best wishes for a safe and happy flight!!!

Also - do not use certain words - like fuse. :eek:

Plus - bring a big buncha flowers for Customs Agent - and explain that where you are from it is custom that after having certain body parts felt - patted - stroked - etc. that you are considered to be engaged.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Customs Agent will really appreciate your sense of humor and give you very special treatment. :whip::whip::whip:

Last edited:
Choky,

Bring a large bag of chocolates (spends some Rubles) and give the goodies to the lead flight attendant when you get onboard (the lead stands at the boarding door during the boarding process). If she or he has room in first class you will get moved up. But, you MUST be dressed in business casual attire. Then you can sit back, watch as many movies as you want and have as many tasty beverages as you want :D

The eastiest thing to do is buy the chocolates at the airport at the duty free shop just before boarding the plane. You can *cough* bribe the gate agent as well. ;)

The "Bus" actually has more comfortable seats :D

In the window seats I have been in on Airbus, the ceiling is tilted inward preventing a tall person from keeping their head upright, let alone leaning toward the outside.

I agree and disagree, hehe. The definition of uncomfortable is coach in the middle of the cabin, middle of the row in 747. Those seats are painfully small. I think on the bigger airbuses such as A320 / 340 there is more room. I believe that certain airlines order more or less seat capacity in the plane? (But also, I could be wrong on this one, please educate/correct me) That makes it easier to fly with some vs other airlines, or is that just my imagination?

I happened to had an opportunity to fly a few times in the first class with 747 with seat that transforms into a full bed. British Airways and Virgin. After that experience it is hard to go back to anything less than that.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
so

less than a month ...... ;)

ZMoyote :

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 151
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.