I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
unlock the pole of socket

Attachments

• 101_5060.jpg
    101_5060.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 665
ywh....

eh, i don't know, i don't know much about electricity and that stuff.. i like childsid's idea..

Childsid, you would do that? that would be great. i'd like to find out whats wrong, that seems like the best idea if i can borrow a lamp. if you would want to do that here is my address:
Dan Gallagher
101 W. Ridge St.
Lansford, PA 18232
United States

Infocus LP350

Hi ,

last weekend I succeeded with the new lamp from ywh. I still have to do little adjustments because the picture isn't as bright as expected (add a shim or two may help, I hope. This is possible because I screwed the lamp and used plaster only for ceramic parts). The LP350 did run for 3 hours continously now without any problems.

The main issue was to get the focal point and I did some mathematics. It's an elliptic mirror and ellipses do have two focal points - thats the starting point.
I hope the following pictures (this and next posting) are self explaining. First step is to measure the distance between lens and the reflector base with a twine and also get the mirrors front diameter. Then you are able to calculate the focal points distance from the reflectors base (the arc position) using the formula I found.

Attachments

• focus_calculation.jpg
    focus_calculation.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 663
But you don't know for sure that the edge between the neck and outer ellipsoid is in the same plane with the edge between the inner neck and ellipsoid, as if neglecting the reflector glass thickness.

The approach is good nonetheless, well done.

So are all or most comercial projector reflectors using ellipsoid mirrors? Are they using divergent lenses in the second focus then?

Re: lp350 Power Supplies

childsid said:
Dumbfounded ,
About 70 of the LP340 & a ton of 350 had bad power supplies mainly from poor design & overheating. I don't know the particulars as I am not an electronics Guru. I do have a repair man that does an excellent job at fixing them. I paid for parts which averaged about $6 each & he charged me for labor seperately bases on repairing about 70 or so. If anyone needs a power supply I can get theirs repaired or perhaps sell one, repaired & refurbished at $75 plus shipping..........
Thanks,
Jim

Hi childsid

I have a 350 which hasn't been upgraded (bought it with a blown lamp) - Given that I'm a long way from the US, could you possibly let me know which parts you bought (sounds like fairly basic parts if they only cost $6 per unit ) and what is done by your repair man to fix the power supply?? ;)

Hi ywh - yes if its one of the upgrade ones - are you sure this one is a good one - mine has serial 510-1485-25

Also need the lamp.... how much for that

and probably the reflector - you have one for $60??

I glued mine back together but quite a few cracks and I'm not sure how much illuminance I'll lose

How much for everything ywh??;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.