I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ywh website???

Psycho:
Thanks for the info......

I have already dissasembled a 4805 lamp, and did exactly as you mentioned...(using a diamond bit in a hi-speed rotary tool) to remove the white cement from the ceramic rear housing. So I am primed & ready for new lamp install! I have read up as much as possible on the short arc lamps we need.

Question 1: Ywh website address?

Question2: You mention a "hotspot"....??????

Question 3: How do we realign the lamp properly?.....it seems that the focal length needs to be measured from a good lamp and duplicated with the new bulb?

Thanks for your help!

Hi victor-eyd

Thanks for the answer very much.

I have necessarily to know what there is the voltage of the current on which the lamp works?
Is this the current AC or DC ?

I rang to the Panny heartland in the Warsaw yesterday and asked the technician about voltage of the current and the kind of the current AC or DC in the Panny AE900 lamps.

The technician did not know but he promised that he will find out.

I begin to worry that nobody will help me.
And the measurement will be the only solution only by someone who has such projector.

marek,

look at your projector or bulb. It may have the info on the side listed just like on my sharp projectors.

But I'm guessing its ac:confused:

BTW- for anyone consider using muffler mender or similar to adhere the lamp in the center, DON'T use it.

I find the mender paste too goopy to work with and as a result, the lamp pushes to one side because of it.

I am considering high heat ceramic clay or similar instead as it is thicker and not as goopy as muffler mender, allowing me to better center the lamp without fear of it moving around before it dries.

Victor

Plus UP880 replecament lamp

Hi,

My name is Adamo and I'm french with a bad english (sorry for that).
I'll have next week a Plus UP880 projector (for free, normaly) with a dead lamp.
According the replacement pdf file, the new one I need is a JYd120/A.C.

Could someone give me the price, shipment cost and paypal charges, please?
I also would like to know where to place the order.

I have an old Sharp XVC20E (very closed to XV-C100E) and it has 6 years old with original working bulb. Is the JYs150/A.C the correct bulb for replacement?

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need more info.

Adamo.

@ proto + tecano

the site is www.diypro.us

just read about it....

payment: pay through paypal on the adress listet on the website and write in the payment your order....

AC or DC?? other lamp problems....

just read in this thread other articles..... you will find info...
it not make sense to write 100 posts just because some nuubs are to lame to read.... so read first then ask!!!

Perhaps YWH will make a site and write down the info properly, even the info about the payment..

@ywh.... if you wish i can create a website with lamp reboulding infos....
the only problem is im not 100% sure about your lamps.... = i need more info..
do you got a chat programm like messenger or icq??

thank you

Huh?

Psycho-
I can appreciate info when I get it.....and have read all 73 pages of this thread.....twice. The info is so spotty and 18 wheeler is never around......and I still don't recall anyone posting successful results or pictures yet...........As for newb status? I've been on this forum for 3-4 years since I built my first "BattleStar Galactica" 15 " LCD/575W MH DIY setup. So watch out who you call noob.

Have you replaced a bulb yet?
Anyone on here?
Results?

Hi Psycho,

According the file "Replacement Bulb.PDF found" on page number 26 of this thread, the bulb number needed for the Plus projector is this one : JYd120/A.C.

I was expecting than the meaning of AC was Alternate Current ;-)

Informations about this projectoir here :
http://www.projectorcentral.com/PLUS-UP-880.htm

I can not give you more because I'm waiting for the projector (normally next week). I just know that is a 280W Metal Halide lamp.

I'll put pictures when available.

hop this helps.

MSN: texandco@hotmail.com

Re: Huh?

proto5 said:
Psycho-
I can appreciate info when I get it.....and have read all 73 pages of this thread.....twice. The info is so spotty and 18 wheeler is never around......and I still don't recall anyone posting successful results or pictures yet...........As for newb status? I've been on this forum for 3-4 years since I built my first "BattleStar Galactica" 15 " LCD/575W MH DIY setup. So watch out who you call noob.

Have you replaced a bulb yet?
Anyone on here?
Results?

The site which I listed only a few pages back is www.diypro.us

I have ordered from YWH two times, and the first bulb worked fine, the second bulb also works, just there is some problem with it I can't quite figure out.

The first was an MP7730 it worked fantastic, better then the original. Except it won't last as long. Only downside 1k hours. But at 1/5 the original bulb replacement it's all good.

YWH-I will soon test voltage. :)

@ proto
---------did i called you noob??
if i did i mean sorry but i say read first.... if u really read all threads i dont mean you... (just as i said)
------18Wheler is around about 2 -3 days, but hes got alot work..... thats why hes answering just after 3 emails ... :)
it takes too much time to post every result.....
-----i just reworked about 15 projector lamps.... some with jyds some with others....
some work better some work bader (color disortion etc...)
if its a large used bulb (in many different projectors) and the wattage matches you will be lucky with JYD if you choose the right one .. ^^
if its a special one you well be a test person..
---- Diy beamer: Respect.... i like to build one to, but i dont got the time.....

-----AC OR DC..... Just Read about in this thread... you will get 3 answers!!
I will give you a 4th answer:
if one electrode is bigger than the other it will probably be a dc...
it just look like this
http://www.ushio.com/det_sstv_xenon.htm

here a pic for you

http://www.diy-community.de/viewtopic.php?t=15731&highlight=

important: to see the pictures you have to logged in....
i think you shoild read there other threads... its a good site but in german..

note: this is a problem projector..... hes got a special bulb... it only worked right for about 20 hours with a MSCR150E2H lamp, then the lamp was burned, because the projector is dc and the lamp is ac...
(first test was a normal 10$ bulb but it gots to low lumens....)

@texandco

just belive yourselves....
ill do it since i lie ^^
i would check the lamp inside first....
(some info on websites are false)
then i would like to look another projector who uses a such lamp, then i would look at the lamp chart from ywh.....
if they both ar the same they should work,,, but as i said, i dont know ywhs bulbs as good as i can say this one you need!!!
i just got some general info, and has to speak with ywh....

@mcclork

thanks ^^

i search for diypro... it gots about 6 listings in this thread.. loool

1000 hours? i think this is a good value for ywh replacment lamps...
did you know how much watts the lamp really gets? (measuring)

greetz

ahh
and hotspot means the optimal point of the middle of the lamp....
that the light "flows" correctly.... its very important on a dlp projector....
normaly you have to mesaure how deep the inner lamp is plugged in to the reflector ant mount the new one the same in....
but if you dont have the right size you can see in the front of the reflector and try to alingn them... if you see the middle sidewall of the inner lamp in the middle of the reflector it seems to be ok...
but better is measuring....

or you can move the bulb in and out and take a look at the light output.... but the problem is you have to do this in the running condition..... this is very dangerous!!

Hi ! victor-eyd
the bulb is too small in your picture, it is a jys, AC lamps have two electrodes in same size;DC lamps have one electrode larger than the other one. look it yourself pleace.
you need jys for this projector, but in early Metal Halide, some V of bulb is about 90-100v, and now, most V is about 50v, so I need you to test the V of bulb, how much? DC or AC?

Hi ! Psycho
price:
ballast :$85.00
shipping $15.00 (by air mail)
thank you !

Hi ! texandco
are you sure there is a Metal Halide in your Sharp XVC20E projector?
the "Replacement Bulb.PDF found" is not perfect, some is wrong, so I have to ask again and again.
other inf say your lamp is UMPRD150SH, I dont believe it,I think it is Metal Halide
picture is the best way, I need to see the burner.

"hotspot" = focal length

Ok...I was using the technical term for"hotspot" which is "focal length". Adjusting the bulb depth in the reflector will be critical for proper lamp function. If the focal length is incorrect I would expect either decreased lumens to the screen, or even projector damage. As seen in the attached pic, the focal length (yellow cone) is precisely targeted into the color wheel or optical engine assembly.......so IMHO, this focal length would need to be measured and duplicated exactly to acheive equal performance of a new lamp. As Psycho says, this is not a small feat.......First you need a working lamp and a way to measure the focal length while the lamp is on......and protect yourself from the UV......I'm beginning to see why they charge so much!
The solution would be the ability to buy the bulb/reflector without having to buy the whole lamp cage assembly...but we know that's not gonna happen......

Attachments

• lamp1.jpg
    lamp1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 425
Victor:
You need to test the voltage across the lamp wires while the projector is running with a good bulb. Do not connect your volt meter until after the lamp has fired up...startup volts are 5-25,000 volts. After lamp fires voltage drops to 50-100 volts. Might be AC or DC, so if your meter won't read a voltage try the opposite setting. Also be sure the projector is not in "low-power" mode.

proto5, I don't want to risk trying to check that out considering I got the unit for free.

Ymh, regarding the bulb that you are offering, what sharp projector or other projector is it for? Perhaps if the two were built around the same time (my unit was made in 1996) then possibly the two shared the same voltage.

Otherwise, I'm sending this to recycling yard.

Victor

Hi !victor-eyd
proto5 is right, think proto5 .

Hi! Psycho
I am waiting for you.

Hi ! texandco
what is trhe words on the reflector?
whether this is a vacuum seal on the bulb. the vacuum seal is the bump thing on the ball part.
If there is seal, JYs lamps are needed.
If there is no seal, JYd lamps are needed.
You need to check the spec sheet of the original lamp.
Lamps with distance between two electrodes shorter than 2mm need JYd lamps;
longer than 2mm need JYs lamps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.