I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bulb for 3M MP8650

Hi, YWH
Looks like you have been replacing bulbs on this thread for a few years. I have done lots of reading.
I need a bulb for a 3M MP8650.
Bulb is Toshiba, SMDR350-FT. It is exactly like the pictures in post #1790

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1476207&highlight=#post1476207

You replied the bulb was DC, but replacement.pdf says all 3M projectors are AC.

I think best bulb would be a Jys350. I don't know AC or DC? I can not test it.
My old bulb is burnt inside and can't see the electrodes. Bubble is dark.

Which bulb should I order Jys350 DC or AC?

Thanks!

bulb replacement for Infocus X1

Hi ywh,

I need a replacement bulb for my Infocus X1 projector. Let me know how much and how to pay. Replacing the bulb from within the lamp assembly is new for me so assuming you can provide a bulb for the projector can you or someone else advise me on how to take a part the assembly and the DO's and DON'T's of replacing the bulb?

Thanks,

Pants On Fire

replacement lamp

I'm new to this whole deal but learning fast. There's some interesting misinformation on replacing lamps on the net.

They are trying to discourage even replacing even the whole bulb and reflector unit with ridiculous excuses - dust etc and advising only purchasing the entire housing. They claim you can damage the projector - but even if true when a new lamp and housing costs as much as a new projector who cares?

There's an interesting video on youtube outlining the "hazards" as well taking about how geniune bulb companies have invested millions and how the non genuine relacements will only last 200 hours. It reminds me of the printer companies recommending purchasing whole new cartridges for $60 rather than refilling the ink.

Enough ranting. Is there a way to contact YWH directly to make an order - I can't find a link or email address?

I would like to purchase a replacement unit for the sharp xr-1s - the lamp bulb is an SHP 60 DC 150 watt - but I can't find the required voltage.

I removed the bulb from the reflector housing and maked the position but it doesn't fit through the hole in the reflector base - when I tried to remove it from the other direct the wire plug unit doesn't fit through the hole either so I had to break the bulb.

Will this be a problem with inserting the new one?

You guys are terriffic doing a great servive. Many thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.