I Call it INFINITRON

I recently discovered that the CCS schematic I posted in July was not up to date.
Please find attached the current version. (no pun intended)

Attachments

• CCS.jpg
    CCS.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: 1 user
Hi There

I have look at this design, and simulate it, I see it has moderate distortion with higher output.

I did do some myself, I can post it if you like, because I ask first to prevent hijacking the thread.
I did see when use a fet as driver for thout output transistor do a lot better, that is because better
matching with pream who is a very simple gain stage, I use a current mirror.

regards

... there are any number of simulation wizards ... I am humbled... :(

Sir, in the old-fashioned world, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Go, build it, and measure to your heart's content ... and share the results if you feel like it.
When you have some free time, listen to it and derive some happiness and satisfaction too ... my humble suggestion for what it is worth ...

I have set a autobias in it and go build, but it is quite different setup, the design here was with bjt did have to high distortion.

I have use mosfet in the output and jfet in input incl a current mirror. I did in past work on a allfet circlotron but that did not work out well.

These I go build, more simple and driver section included in supply voltages like you did.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 1938.jpg
    ScreenHunter 1938.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 219
  • ScreenHunter 1939.jpg
    ScreenHunter 1939.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 230
Simulation and exploration of new alleys is all fine, but the question here is, did you build and measure the BJT version and compare that with your (built) FET version and found it superior? If so, I think your posts will be more than welcome.

Taking a simple and elegant design and saddling it with bells and whistles and belts and suspenders is totally up to you.. I am no pundit to judge that. As a layman hobbyist and I go for the direct "build and listen" path.

Big thanks for your interest in something that has remained "below the radar" for long ... 🙏

I think Polyphaze is gone no comments anymore.

I have to say also that the schematic I did provide is quite different from the Polyphaze version,
all the ciclrotrons has a common way to design it. I like to use preamps with differential voltages driving
the circlotron output. But for simplicity mine idea or these from Polyphaze can be used.

regrads

Last edited:
I step over to mine old tread, look furter there, https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/allfet-circlotron.291767/

Maybe the boss here can delete all the post there so I can start fresh, this is bacuse that design did not work well.

The amp is not ready yet, for a long shot, because the design of the bias circuits. The original way do not work
well, to sensitive. So I try autobias.

Last edited: