Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The width of the pulse is the analog, and the 1 and 0 involved in "on and off" in PWM cannot code a discrete value of the waveform absent the width component.

So it tracks based upon the analog width component, not the discrete on and off component.

I understand that. It's the 1 and 0 component I'm interested in. It's digital because it's a pulse.

But I don't really care to convince anyone of my terminology, except to say jitter is an important element in any pulse-current waveform. Timing is critical---err, more than that, it's essential.

I'm not saying it does because I don't care about semantic games. What's important here is that the amp renders the input waveform a PWM version of that waveform where the timing of those pulses is essential to the amp's operational fidelity.

The best term I can find to describe variation in the timing of those pulses is jitter. Have you a better?

Nothing is perfect. They got it right to the degree that their published specs show - and people listening to the amps can hear. Good enough for me. If you want to call a spade a forklift in your own terminology, feel free - but don't expect anyone else to agree or understand.

"Right to the degree"? That's vague fudge language that avoids real communication.

For instance, do those purported listeners know how a "righter" amp sounds to be able to say "right," which is a comparative term?

Here's my point. If comparator timing is imperfect, it can be improved. Same with forklifts. I hate badly timed forklifts.

Last edited:
I hate forklifts that violate the laws of quantum physics, for example those trying to occupy the same space at the same time.

Edit: The mods should be here soon and clean up.

I can hear them coming. But I don't want to lose my point in the semantic detour. Comparator (forklift) timing is imperfect, but how imperfect is it? Would a dedicated shunt, fed by dedicated series reg, fed by a transformer not clear up some ground bounce and other power supply artifacts affecting the timing of that delicate process? I think yes. Would that be audible? I think yes. Those are my hunches. I've yet to see evidence or reasoning that would suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.