Hypex DSP module(s)

Originally Posted by Bruno Putzeys View Post
Some future update of the software and firmware will support FIR approximation of noncausal IIR. You don't need a lot of DSP for that. The LS1 has a 6000 tap filter correcting the 70Hz subwoofer crossover, and it's done in a hundred cycles or so. The main question will be how to make the software intelligently trade delay memory for this use and for time alignment. We know how to do it, just not whose time to do it in.

Any news on adding FIR to the Hypex DLCP? :)

We have started to manufacture the DLCP in higher volumes and we want to make this High End DSP available to more customers. So we decided to reduce the price quite serious.

All customers who recently bought the DLCP will get a refund of the price difference.

Best regards,

Jan-Peter
I love Hypex!
Just send me a second board instead of the price difference. ;)

I assume the DLCP hasn't been sold a lot when this is happening. Personally I'm wondering if this is more related to the software and perhaps also lack of FIR filters rather then the price. Seems like many have been sitting on the fence waiting for an improvement in these two areas.

I've finally received mine. It was ordered in the summer but for different reasons it hasn't been completed before now. I'll get back with a brief review after I've tested it and compared it to miniDSP 4x10HD and also maybe to Lynx Two-B as simply a D/A converter and preamp.