Hypex DSP module(s)

I assume the DLCP hasn't been sold a lot when this is happening.

That is your speculation, and I guess it is a possibility, but Jan-Peter specifically stated that they have moved to higher-volume production. We all know that prices drop really drastically once you go for larger production batches, but doing that is not justified unless you believe there is enough demand.

Absolutely guys. I'll let you know my impressions. Be a bit patient though. I've just renovated a room and my Lynx Two-B is on loan right now. Plus, I'm not very good with advanced crossover softwares like this and may need some assistance to really get started. miniDSP is easy and entuitive, here I'm basically scrathing my head....

Yes Julf. It's just speculation from my side.

I am interested in comparisons with the minidsp 2x8 which I have been using with very good results for some time. The software is very good and the audio quality has exceeded my expectations, but I have always had a serious hankering for the DLCP to interface to my ncores.

My main concern is software. miniDSP is very flexible and easy to use and tweak.

The DLCP software is very easy to use if you know the correct way to design a filter.

First very important step is to measure the separate drivers WITH Filterdesigner. This is done with flat filterresponces.

Second step is correcting the drivers to a flat responce in a 2 octaaf range up en below the desired crossover point. Then apply the crossover points.

You can do this without measuring all the time. The simulation in Filterdesigner works like a charm.

I build a DLCP for a friend of mine who was using a minidsp 2x8. His system:

2xJBL 2235 15" and a 2" TAD4001 with McIntosch amps. He never got the system right (passive or active)

I went up his place, installed the DLCP and made two measurements. Designed a filter in one hour. Uploaded it and listened for an hour, decided that a little bit more low end was needed. Some low shelving applied.

This systeem is running for 3 weeks now, he has not changed a setting yet and says the system is ******* briljant!

For me the most important difference is the lack of balanced outputs on the minidsp.

Huh, doesn't the MiniDSP 4x10 have both? That while also being able to output higher voltage.

That being said I expect the analogue performance of the DLCP to be better of higher quality. If the software of the DLCP is the same as with the PSC2.400 then the software of the MiniDSPs are far far better. It's much more easy to use, one example is just such a simple thing that my PSC2.400 doesn't save the settings the next time I connect to it but I have to find and reload the settings file where the settings in the MiniDSP is just there.

Huh, doesn't the MiniDSP 4x10 have both? That while also being able to output higher voltage.

That being said I expect the analogue performance of the DLCP to be better of higher quality. If the software of the DLCP is the same as with the PSC2.400 then the software of the MiniDSPs are far far better. It's much more easy to use, one example is just such a simple thing that my PSC2.400 doesn't save the settings the next time I connect to it but I have to find and reload the settings file where the settings in the MiniDSP is just there.

Easier to use? First you have to make measurements with REW and eq them. Then importing it into the minidsp? Filterdesigner incorperates a measurement tool in the program itself.

BTW Minidsp only support 6 biquads for eq per channel. DLCP has 15, only 2 of them are needed for a 24db x-over.

Easier to use? First you have to make measurements with REW and eq them. Then importing it into the minidsp? Filterdesigner incorperates a measurement tool in the program itself.

BTW Minidsp only support 6 biquads for eq per channel. DLCP has 15, only 2 of them are needed for a 24db x-over.

+8 if you use the crossover biquads so 14 in total. Those, however, are not as easy to use as the others unless used as crossover slopes but with two crossover slopes and 6 biquads it's usually enough anyway.

I used 10 biquads for my B&G RD-50's

Attachments

• hyp.png
    hyp.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 439