Hypex DSP module(s)

Maybe something wrong with the standby power supply!
Let me shar a few pictures. I have a trigger solution. That's also why I didn't want to build this myself. I assumed building with triggers would be too difficult for a complete novice like me.
attachment.php

It's board with the blue block where the lamp (the red one) goes off when it looses connection. As far as I can see, all the other lamps (also on the dlcp board) are still on.

If you can see from these pictures, the white standby supply connector (J17) on the dlcp board hasn't been used at all. I think he told me that everything was on another cable.
I don't know if that helps to understand what's going on here and what I can do.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 001 (Large).JPG
    001 (Large).JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 1,199
  • 002 (Large).JPG
    002 (Large).JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 1,203
  • 003 (Large).JPG
    003 (Large).JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 696
I is the main power supply switched on and off if you put the dlcp in standby?
No. Not the main switch. The lights on the board are still on.

Here's some pictures. Hope that helps. The trigger function works well by the way.
I'll most likely get some assitance tommorrow in the evening, but it's great if you see what's wrong and can share it. :)

Attachments

• DLCP diverse 001 (Large).JPG
    DLCP diverse 001 (Large).JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 132
  • DLCP diverse 002 (Large).JPG
    DLCP diverse 002 (Large).JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DLCP diverse 004 (Large).JPG
    DLCP diverse 004 (Large).JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DLCP diverse 006 (Large).JPG
    DLCP diverse 006 (Large).JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 90
  • DLCP diverse 009 (Large).JPG
    DLCP diverse 009 (Large).JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 81
Had a friend visting today. He went through the schematics and looked at the connections. He couldn't see anything wrong.

We then started playing and after 1 minute an half into the song it shut down, came on again etc. and continue doing that continually. However, seems like I was wrong about the ligths. The green light on the DLCP starts blinking and turns off as well.

Later when we tried playing something again, it worked fine and has since then. So it's not constant. We didn't figure out what the cause is.

Could be that voltage drops, but this is a simple linear nonregulated supply and nothing indicated unstability. However he uses +/-15vdc, so it could be that it is just at the very limit and any minor voltage drop is sufficient to trigger the shutdown. The red LEDs on the board was constantly lighting, also when the dlcp shut down. When the D15 turned off it gave a short blink. Waiting a second and it turned on again. For a long period the dlcp toggled on/off with aproximately 2sec interval. After a while we should test other fault options and was unfortunately not able to get it unstable again. Spurious faults sucks

Last edited: