How old are you?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm 28 & 1/2

Well, 28 and half of 28, but it sounds better that way.
Been interested since I got given a Dansette - could fit 7 LPs on it and play one after the other - brilliant, but pity I only had two LPs.

Upgraded through the years, got married, down graded. Now have new interest in the subject due to enthusiastic son.

as long as we remember that to any young ladies we are really as old as we look!

Hmm........:scratch:

There are some old ( VERY OLD ! ) systems for maintaining our physical being which can overcome many 'problems' of the package getting old. You will be 'older' but still attractive to many !
Youthfull ................and that doesn't mean 'young'.
:D

I started working with electronics when I was in 1st grade (~8 years old). It didn't take long for me to actually build circuits of my own as opposed to just following plans. In 5th grade, I built my first bench power supply based on a simple buck converter. I then learned more and more about electronics and now at 20 years of age, I have a good knowledge about electronics. (Likely well into the top 5% or even top 2% for my age group. But that's not the biggest deal. What I consider the biggest deal is that I'm one of the very few electrical/computer engineers who bother to shave their legs. I know less than a dozen others who do!)

vinylkid58 said:
Is this just manscaping, or do you race bikes?
It is common for Americans, especially those in the south, to shave their legs. (I guess it is very uncommon in Canada?)

I don't currently race bikes, but a possible future plan with a friend to develop a Hybrid Synergy Drive bicycle (built for two, perhaps?) could change that. With what current power electronics and LiFePO4 batteries can do, it would definitely be nothing like those $300 Walmart hybrids. There is a misconception that hybrid bicycles are slow, and with the help of a friend, I think I can change that.

vinylkid58 said:
I had no trouble catching a commuter on one this past winter. He did drop me once we got into the hills thou.

I can see a distinct advantage riding a hybrid to work, you wouldn't be all hot and sweaty upon arrival.
Really fast hybrid bicycles have been built before. Just none based on Hybrid Synergy Drive.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10301
I'm still reading the details but 150A would definitely make for a very fast hybrid!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.