Hornresp

Simpsons - Burns Excellent.jpg

Hi David, I've found an old post from you, and you wrote this:

For an exponential horn:
m = Ln(S2 / S1) / L12
or
m = 4 * Pi * fc / c
In each case the unit of m is length ^ -1.

I would like know how to calc the m value for an hyperbolic horn. I suppose it will need the T value. Thank in advance.

Hi David, I've found an old post from you, and you wrote this:

For an exponential horn:
m = Ln(S2 / S1) / L12
or
m = 4 * Pi * fc / c
In each case the unit of m is length ^ -1.

I would like know how to calc the m value for an hyperbolic horn. I suppose it will need the T value. Thank in advance.

Hi sebDIY,

For a hyperbolic-exponential horn:

m = 2 * Ln((-B + Sqrt(B ^ 2 - 4 * A * C)) / (2 * A)) / L12

Where:

A = 1 + T
B = -Sqrt(4 * S2 / S1)
C = 1 - T

Note that when T = 1, the above expression simplifies to m = Ln(S2 / S1) / L12, the same as for an exponential horn.

Kind regards,

David

Thank you David, your program has taught me more than I ever thought I would understand.

Sincerely,
Jason

Thanks Jason, your comments are music to my ears :).

One of my key objectives with Hornresp was to try to make it an interesting and fun learning tool, so that it could be more than just a simple simulation program.

Kind regards,

David

David

RDTeam has a new simulation program, Abec3. It is almost Akabak compatible. The free version has some limitations.

The demo-version is identical to the professional version, but saving result-files. This version is ideal to get in touch with FE and to check whether ABEC is the right tool for you.

As a friend of Akabak you may find ABEC interesting, which combines Boundary and Lumped Element techniques. The lumped element script of ABEC is almost 100% Akabak compatible. In ABEC the Radiator is replaced by the new component RadImp, which provides the gate-way to the Boundary Element Part. This paper explains the coupling in detail.

One very interesting aspect of Abec3 is that it allows import of meshes. You can design the horn i a CAD program (FreeCAD for example) and create the mesh in a another program (Gmsh for example). Abec will simulate the horn bends :).

With the Abec3 download there is a JBL 4530 simulation.

Could you create an Abec3 export function?

I am working on this in FreeCAD:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The mesh made with gmsh:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Could you create an Abec3 export function?

Hi Mårten,

Sorry, exporting AkAbak scripts is as far as I am prepared to go. Presumably though, it would not be too difficult for a user to manually convert an exported AkAbak script to an ABEC3 Lumped Element script. The format and contents of the two appear to be quite similar.

Kind regards,

David