Holton AV800 Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AV800

I made a high res scan of the top and bottom of the AV800 PCB before I did anything with them. I converted the solder side scan into high contrast line art in case there were any mistakes that needed correction I could make the correction on the art work and make new boards.

Also from the art work I have added 3 more output pair so the total is 20 output devices.

To the component side I have also corrected the Q3 and Q4 problem.

I also modified the board to include just three output pair.

After I finish building my first pair of AV800s any mods I make will be to the art work then I will etch som new boards.

:hphones:

Re: Question

explorer said:
I know this is out of topic but, I just wonder if the AV800 amp is protected against output short circuit. Anyone has the answer?
What about the 500w from Silicon chip?
It has no electronic protection but if you have a regular fuse at the output I'll guess it will be enough because the output stage can deliver quite a lot current before it break down.

Re: AV800

nikonfanatic said:
I made a high res scan of the top and bottom of the AV800 PCB before I did anything with them. I converted the solder side scan into high contrast line art in case there were any mistakes that needed correction I could make the correction on the art work and make new boards.

Also from the art work I have added 3 more output pair so the total is 20 output devices.

To the component side I have also corrected the Q3 and Q4 problem.

I also modified the board to include just three output pair.

After I finish building my first pair of AV800s any mods I make will be to the art work then I will etch som new boards.

:hphones:

I have a set of the AV800 boards, do you have any documents outlining these problems? I have not started construction yet.

Anthony

AV800 lower power version

Hi all,

Bottom is the finished AV800 pictures.

I used 5 pairs of mosfets per ch. running at supply of

56 volts.

The bass line is tight and plenty of power and the highs

are smooth not peaky.

Attachments

• dsc01134.jpg
    dsc01134.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,050
Greetings Folks

I'm sorry you have found the AV800 PCBs faulty, However I believe the only fault was the silkscreening not in any of the layouts its self. For the record I have sold out of all PCBs and I am not sitting on any Faulty Boards. Also many people I have been in contact with have sucessfully built these amplifiers dispite a silkscreen error. The actual layout is fine.
I have corrected these errors on the next run of PCB which will be released very soon. I am hoping early January 2004 with an updated Website and new projects.
In the last couple of years I have been burnt out, however I now have a renewed interest and I will be endeavering to provide a much better service.

If all of you could please email me again and I promise I will reply.

One other thing I don't appreciate anyone scanning or copying any of my PCB layouts. You are free of cause to design your own, But copying my designs directly of the PCB is breach of copyright.
In the end I can't stop anyone doing this but if it contines I will simply close the website down forever and no one will benefit

Warm Regards

Anthony Holton

The Saint said:
One other thing I don't appreciate anyone scanning or copying any of my PCB layouts. You are free of cause to design your own, But copying my designs directly of the PCB is breach of copyright.
In the end I can't stop anyone doing this but if it contines I will simply close the website down forever and no one will benefit
You could start making compact and neat SMD designs, then I'll believe it would be harder to copy...... :nod:

Anthony, if you have some parts protected I suggest that you mention it also. In your schematics it says nothing about the designer, company (if you have any) and copyright. Compare Rod Elliott which has copyright notices all over the place. You don't have any copyright notice on your pcb's either.

You could also have like I have: Everything is free except for the gerber files. :)

...and welcome back from me too. :nod:

The Saint said:

I think considering the conditions that in this case the copying of a board can be over looked:xeye:
The fact that one board was purchased from you and that another was requested (for two years), I would say that person was within their right to make a duplicate board and finally have a stereo pair. Its not as if they then posted these scans to the forum.
To imply that the persons using the boards you "sold" should be able to see past the mistakes you've made is in my mind very questionable behaviour. The simple fact that most people purchase pre-fab boards because they are not comfortable with making their own, would suggest that they would be even less comfortable with fault finding a pre-fab board:att'n:
I think to come back to the forum after such a long absence and make such blanket statements as above is very short sighted.
The people "breaching copyright" are the same people buying your products and not being given the support they rightfully deserve.
This is not the way to do business!!

Rant over, welcome back.

matth said:
This is not the way to do business!!

Rant over, welcome back.
I agree but... see below

JasonL said:
I think that anthony should replace all the bad boards that he sold to people.. out of all the problems that there are with the boards he should replace them with the new ones...

Any one else agree...
Replacing boards is a little too much when you put the error in perspective I think. But I think it's peculiar that Anthony not has mentioned anything at his homepage nor emailed his customers (so it seems).

I don't know how burned out Anthony really became (my sister got a degree of getting up from the bed but not much more), if you were a bed case, at hospital or something less but if you were not a hospital case I think you ought to have closed down the website telling that the shop is closed at least. You could surely asked somebody to do it for you. It's important for the customers to know no matter how bad it is. It's very frustating not knowing.

End of my rant.

Welcome back once again and don't forget to add a copyright notice!

Anthony didn't tell any customers about the bad boards. i bought 2 then decided to sell them to a member on this form not no'ing that there were problems at all. i looked the board over an seen no errors but i'm not perfect and now i apologize to the person that i caused harm and problems to..

i might look at the new page later on and buy a set of different boards but not till some one has completely build them and had no problems.

I only had one problem with my n-channel amp witch was not STATED in the instructions to mount the 6 resisters under or off the board.. but the amp works well..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.