HOLMImpulse: Measurements in practice

Cross over

This is the serial cross over setup with Vifa drivers.
Drivers are:
Vifa woofer P25WO
Vifa Premium midwoofer PL14WJ09
Vifa XT tweeter XT25SC90

Thanks for your replies!

Attachments

• Aangepast Vifa serie fliter.png
    Aangepast Vifa serie fliter.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 581
  • P25WO-00-08.pdf
    130.7 KB · Views: 82
  • XT25SC90-04.pdf
    57 KB · Views: 70
  • PL14WJ09-08.pdf
    88.9 KB · Views: 67
If you're measuring in a room, you can window the measurement to show only the direct sound (sound coming directly from the speaker to the mic, not including any reflections from the surfaces of the room). In typical rooms you will only be able to measure high frequencies without including the influence of the room. If you make your window longer, your measurement will include the effect of the room. I would actually suggest that it can be beneficial to look at multiple points in either case, or if you're in an anechoic chamber or measuring outside. Instead of eq'ing the speaker at a single point which may or may not have something weird going on, try to measure over an area so when you're listening the speaker is producing the response you want (more or less) over that area. Or you might find that your speaker is very well behaved over some reasonable area in front of it and eq'ing at one point will work well over a decent sized area.

Hi guys, thanks for the help a while back. I have been using this for car and it works great. I do have a question though, when it comes to phase how should I tackle that? Should I try to get all the speakers as close to zero as possible or all speakers as close as possible to the same phase? what do you suggest. It is a car so speakers are kinda all over the place at times when it comes to phase. I appreciate any feedback thanks

Sorry I should say more about the equipment I am using. I am using a three way setup, tweeter, mid and midbass. I have a dsp with a lot of control in time and phase. I was told when doing measurements to have crossovers off and to do measurements with mid and midbass with start freq at 20hz and go up to 1k for tweeters. Now I was thinking you would want the crossover along with the slope on. But any advice or ideas would be great, thanks.