Hiraga 20W class A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I forget to mentioned the green resister have to be on the butom of the PC board and 2W .
The emmiter resister I use 2x5W /side , please calculate the right value .

Attachments

• hiraga_-_pcb_solder_side.jpg
    hiraga_-_pcb_solder_side.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 896
Use these layout , you can open with paint program .
Magnified 6x and fix a bit . After save it and U can use it .
Is better design than the orig .
There is 4 jumper .
I will mark in the next post . Use solid wire for the jumper to .
The colored lines are jumpers , one more time use solid wires .
I hope these help.
Greetings

Attachments

• hiraga_-_pcb_solder_side.jpg
    hiraga_-_pcb_solder_side.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 857
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi Guys!

I just finished the 2nd design of my Hiraga Class A.
The 1.0 version used BC556B/546B BD139/140 and 2SA1943/SC5200. The 2nd one uses BC557B/547B MJE253G/243G and same Toshiba output.
All of the other components value are same, but the first version had 1,1A current, the 2nd one has only 0,7A.
This difference could be caused by different beta values? (556B~320 557B~330 BD140~180 MJE253G~140) Or what?
I'm seeking for some other types of transistors with higher beta, but I bearly found calculable source.

My Hiraga v1.0, 2.0

Chiao!

Hi Guys!
ther components value are same, but the first version had 1,1A current, the 2nd one has only 0,7A.
This difference could be caused by different beta values? (556B~320 557B~330 BD140~180 MJE253G~140) Or what?
I'm seeking for some other types of transistors with higher beta, but I bearly found calculable source.Chiao!

Try KSC2690A/KSA1220A as driver. I have some of them and the hfe is about 250, but some of them goes up to 300

Regards:Sajti

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Are you puting resistor in series to the large capacitrs to reduce inrush current or use NTC resistor in series with primary winding?

in power amp PSU (strictly in A class) resistors are used as bleeders or part of CRC filter ;

using them as first element ( in RC configuration ) is no-no .

so - you can't expect to use them on secondary side for inrush current limiting .

that biz is always made on primary side , just because in same time you are limiting inrush current of entire system , not just smoothing caps

Last edited:
what resistors are they that you used ?

I used Beyschlag resistors.
There are benefits and drawbacks, too.
Benefits: can handle 1W power, accurate values - 1%, E24 resources, and one more thing, wich is important at this building method: it has strong, gross outlet. It usefull to make the circuit massive at this case.
The main drawback is the magnetic outlet and body. I'll change the most important resistors, if I have no more ideas to make the amp better.

Chiao.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.