• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

High Performance WM8741 Upsampling DAC New Version - Group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am offering group buy for the new version of super compact Wolfson WM8741 Mini DAC PCB. You can make your own high performance
upsampling DAC using this PCB at home. The DAC offers total flexibility. The DAC works in both hardware and software mode. In software mode the DAC works in 2-wire I2C interface and can be controlled using Arduino UNO. The digital receivers can be swapped. The upsampling rate of the ASRC can be changed. The mini DAC has USB and coaxial inputs with I2S Data switching. The DAC has built-in headphone amplifier also. The DAC works on a 6v or 7.5V 750mA regulated power supply. The PCB is a double-sided FR4 PCB. The PCB size is about 110 mm (l) x 67 mm (b). BOM, component layout, schematic and for easy assembling will be provided with the board. Buyers will receive 3 PCBs in one set, one main DAC board and two ancilliary boards. All components are easily available.

The enclosure can be bought from here

Aluminum Box Enclosure Case -4.33"*2.87"*1.85"(L*W*H)

Both the aluminium enclosures are a perfect fit for the DAC board. The cost per set of boards is $45 + $10 worldwide shipping. Those who are interested can PM with number of boards required. I will start processing the order once a minimum order of 25 is reached.

The 2D screen shot of the PCB is given below

SoundcitiMiniDACtop.png

SoundcitiMiniDACbottom.png

DigitalR1.png

DigitalR2.png

An update to the above posting. Buyers will be recieving a I2C level shifter board also at no extra cost for interfacing the DAC with arduino UNO board if the buyers intended to use the board in software mode. So there will be 4 boards altogether in one set, main dac board, digital receiver1 board, digital receiver2 board and I2C level shifter board. The level shifter pcb 2D shot is given below

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

hi Heartwinter,

How many levels of the digital filter will this control ?
Have you settled in on one setting you like best and can this be hardwired ,if you don't use the adjustments,
Does this board sound any different than the first board or is this one just more flexible to interfaces?
The first board is still rocking everyday sounding good!
I came off the dac with transformers for a balanced out sounds GREAT!
Thanks,

Last edited:
In hardware mode there are only three digital filters available. In software mode there are lot of filter settings. I haven't changed anything in the IV conversion section but in the new board you will have lot options like you can change the digital receivers, you can change the upsampling rate of the ASRC. There is an inbuilt headphone amp which has output drive current of 220 to 250 ma. In the hardware mode it will work as the old one but still you have options to change few things and experiment and see the difference. Very easy and very cheap to build.

In hardware mode there are only three digital filters available. In software mode there are lot of filter settings. I haven't changed anything in the IV conversion section but in the new board you will have lot options like you can change the digital receivers, you can change the upsampling rate of the ASRC. There is an inbuilt headphone amp which has output drive current of 220 to 250 ma. In the hardware mode it will work as the old one but still you have options to change few things and experiment and see the difference. Very easy and very cheap to build.

good luck you didnt try doing that, its a voltage output DAC chip, there is no I to convert to V.

looks like a neat little unit though, so kudos for that; pretty sure that was just a slip anyway, many people call a buffer on a voltage out dac an IV stage out of habit

Last edited:
Good News

I am offering group buy for the new version of super compact Wolfson WM8741 Mini DAC PCB. You can make your own high performance
upsampling DAC using this PCB at home. The DAC offers total flexibility. The DAC works in both hardware and software mode. In software mode the DAC works in 2-wire I2C interface and can be controlled using Arduino UNO. The digital receivers can be swapped. The upsampling rate of the ASRC can be changed. The mini DAC has USB and coaxial inputs with I2S Data switching. The DAC has built-in headphone amplifier also. The DAC works on a 6v or 7.5V 750mA regulated power supply. The PCB is a double-sided FR4 PCB. The PCB size is about 110 mm (l) x 67 mm (b). BOM, component layout, schematic and for easy assembling will be provided with the board. Buyers will receive 3 PCBs in one set, one main DAC board and two ancilliary boards. All components are easily available.

The enclosure can be bought from here

Both the aluminium enclosures are a perfect fit for the DAC board. The cost per set of boards is $45 + $10 worldwide shipping. Those who are interested can PM with number of boards required. I will start processing the order once a minimum order of 25 is reached.

The 2D screen shot of the PCB is given below

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

We are so pleased that heartwinter create new version of super compact Wolfson WM8741 Mini DAC PCB for us.

To thank the diyAudio members, we decide to offer exclusive coupons. Here are the details.
1. The discount is 15%. That is, the members who buy boards, their orders of cases will be gotten 15% disount of total cost,shipping included.
2. The first 25 repliers who buy the boards can get it. Each User can use it once. Each user please reply to the thread to be qualified. And please include their IDs in the comment area when checking out.
3. The coupon code will be DAROCKS40L31.

4 The discount coupon should be used in rfsupplier.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.