• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

High Performance WM8741 Upsampling DAC New Version - Group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have already created the TAS5630 amp, its ready. ES9018 DAC, i am creating one right now. For the ES9018 I won't be able to release the circuit diagram because I am kind of restricted, i've signed an NDA :) . It can be easily assembled with the provided board layout for component placement. The reason why i thought of integrating both amp and dac together is you kind of have a nice all-in-one unit in one neat compact housing and cost effective. TAS can be driven differentially, so I thought of taking the balanced output from the ES9018 and drive the TAS differentially. For the volume control and the different settings we can use the open source arduino codes. But yes, still you will be able to switch off the amp unit if you don't want and can use the dac module alone. It is just an idea, I haven't done it yet......Thanks

Yes... Why not when the DAC can be used for it self. Go for it! Getting my Aurdino on Monday so there will be a lot of fun in the weeks ahead.

Brgds

Great! Enjoy your time and have fun with the DAC board. Don't forget to post photos of your build once it is finished. Will post the 2D screen shots of the ES9018+TAS5630 ASAP.

Hi heartwinter.

I can't see that you are active in searching input on what the community would prefer when designing your devices. Of course you decide and it is not necessarily the wrong way to do things. You might have other ways of deciding on tricky design issues.

Just a reflection, no need to jump on this one...

Brgds

Sorry Turbon. It is going to be only DAC. No amplifier will be integrated. As you said it is not a good idea combining both together rather than keep them as a separate.

Why not offer two different versions? One just DAC the other Amp and DAC. I believe it could make a nice integrated amp for as long as component placement is well studied.

Maybe have a vote on this in the thread or ask people to PM you with what they would like to get?

To me, both version are great but since I already own Dual BII, Opus, MiniDAC (coming soon), a fully integrated solution could be nice to try.

Just a thought!
Do

Just everyone can use the data

MAIN DAC BOARD
74HCU04 IC1 SOIC14
PCM2707 IC2 32-TQFP
74HC157 IC3 SO1
SRC4192/AD1896 IC4 SSOP28
WM8741/WM8742 IC5 SSOP28
OPA2365 IC6 SO-8
SN74AHC1G08 IC7 SOT23-5
SN74AHC1G14 IC8 SOT23-5
AD8656/AD8532 IC9 SOIC8
LP2992 REG 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 SOT23-5
TPS3809K33 RST SOT-23

DIGITAL RECEIVER 1
DIR9001 IC TSSOP28

DIGITAL RECEIVER 2
WM8804 IC SSOP20

Thanks
Do

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.