• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hiface USB -> I2S 24bit/192Khz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
- what exactly were his arrangements with M2Tech regarding these OEM boards? none, because they told me only yesterday that this module alredy exist, At the begin this modules was custom only for this forum

I'll say this one last thing - You seem to be the only one on this thread that didn't know this was a pre-existing OEM board - you posted the OEM board datasheet before you even started this GB thread - wow you are either very confused or very confusing!

jkeny, with all due respect, please stop being an ***. someone tries organizing a group buy for a clearly desirable part -- witenss the > 150 orders -- and everything seems fine, the forum is happy

suddenly the deal is off and the forum is upset. you seem to be most upset of all -- witness the hostile tone of recent posts -- despite the appearance that it was your insistence in the first place which led to cancellation of the buy

we're all bummed. the least we can do is be decent to one another. please chill out

My Hiface USB device collects dust due to it have not been modified (lost interest in the long months before I got a working driver) and I am waiting for USB 3.0 or Intel Light Peak interface products for audio streaming to become available..

Universal Serial Bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Light Peak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As soon as we see the first working USB 3.0 or Light Peak products I believe products like Hiface either will have little interest or be priced at a much lower level...

jkeny, with all due respect, please stop being an ***. someone tries organizing a group buy for a clearly desirable part -- witenss the > 150 orders -- and everything seems fine, the forum is happy

suddenly the deal is off and the forum is upset. you seem to be most upset of all -- witness the hostile tone of recent posts -- despite the appearance that it was your insistence in the first place which led to cancellation of the buy

we're all bummed. the least we can do is be decent to one another. please chill out

It was was referred to a web site earlier in this thread:

DAC options (Hiface USB Transport Modifications & Ancillaries)

I did not find any names, mail addresses or other, but several referrals to Jkeny so I expect Jkeny are the owner of the site.

Can you comment this Jkeny?

If this is correct Jkeny are to be regarded as a professional and it is understandable why he dislikes group buys...

It was was referred to a web site earlier in this thread:

DAC options (Hiface USB Transport Modifications & Ancillaries)

I did not find any names, mail addresses or other, but several referrals to Jkeny so I expect Jkeny are the owner of the site.

Can you comment this Jkeny?

If this is correct Jkeny are to be regarded as a professional and it is understandable why he dislikes group buys...

"posted by John Kenny" , "jkeny modded" - what else do you need?
That's what some of us suggested before. But jkeny didn't confirm if he is using usb-i2s module or if he just mods the usb-spdif. What confuses is the sentence "This Hiface version is focused on I2S with NO SPDIF outputs" from his Hiface USB-I2S module announcement. :confused:

John Kenny does indeed have a business selling audio and other electronic products. He certainly has a commercial interest.

Just look at his website: AckoDAC, modified Hiface, battery chargers, etc.

I'm not sure either that his comments here are in compliance with the forum rules, in my opinion not in the spirit for sure.

This whole situation is just some big misunderstanding, what a pity...:(

As I'm (and would imagine some 80% of 150 registered) only interested in clean PC>I2S capable of 192khz (not a stand alone device), it seems Musiland 01 is closest match. I would be satisfied with this one + ADUM1400 for I2S isolation. So if someone (Andrea?) is willing to start new GB, I'm on the board. If not, I will buy it after couple weeks my self.

As for M2Tech, IMHO haven't seen more lame business example in my whole life. There was nothing to stop them and make dedicated product just for this GB.
But is seems that some 10k euro (this GB would made it) is not enough for them to cover minor R&D and production costs, even given current economical situation that is far from good...

John Kenny arguments are invalid, or at least inappropriate. Yes, there is always two sides of same coin, but having financial interest for this market, and advocating for other manufacturer? Well sorry....

Sampler, I have tryed to contact Musiland but I don't receive answer.

It not easy create a business with this company probably because they are too big to consider 150 person.

I see, well it was worth to try. Maybe they will replay after all, but doing business directly with chines manufactures is always problematic, in some part due to language barer. Maybe some distributors ?

Really interesting, but lots of useless stuff on that board (that one has to buy)

No that's what I'm talking about ! :) Ultimately we only need a set of pre-flashed non BGA uC (with documentation) and CD with drivers. That's it. Then every one could make things by his taste and knowledge (super Vs regs, ultra osc etc.). Best solution could then be transferred to some nice PCB for DIY sale. Creative is really not that manufacturer that will be interested in selling 150 uC with documentation and possibly source of their drivers, as they must be modified in order to somehow implement such a RISC monster.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.