• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hiface USB -> I2S 24bit/192Khz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have received now an email from H2Tech, I can foward it but it is in italian.

Some companies using this module does not like the diffusion of it for DIY.

Yesterday evening M2Tech have decided to not sell this module to DIY.

This mean that this group buy is close.

I have send and email to Musiland to propose the same but it is not easy.

So now the solutions are two:

1) Buy and modify a Musiland 01 (cheaper)
2) Buy and modify a M2Tech HiFace

I am disappointed and angry because we have only lost time.

We just realized that some Italian companies are not very serious.

If you want send a protest email to M2Tech.

Sorry again to all.

That would be Steve N, you all know who that is. DIYers should organize a boycot of his "services."

Ok so OEM means classified? or maybe audiodesign stole datasheet from M2Tech website? ;)

Maybe better choice is to propound M2Tech to add USB isolators and make new product not being related to any audio manufacturer?

OEM means they are an OEM supplier to Steve N. He holds the cards and can say this can't be sold to anyone but him if they have a NDA or other contract. He will add a few components and sell them for $1k or so a piece.

If MTech is smart they can find a way around it.

Love Jkeny jumping on us while he is set to lose money on his business if these were sold. Starting to lose a lot of respect for this guy. Member of the trades shouldn't even be posting on this thread IMO.

OEM means they are an OEM supplier to Steve N. He holds the cards and can say this can't be sold to anyone but him if they have a NDA or other contract. He will add a few components and sell them for $1k or so a piece.

Regal, how are you aware it is Steve N.? Just curious.

I also agree that it would serve M2Tech to supply these modules to the DIY market. As this thread has shown, there is obviously a significant demand for just such a product.

Listen, you are viewing this with blinkers - look at it from M2Tech's perspective - OEM means original equipment manufacture & are intended for sale as I said. If M2tech started selling these to individuals, how many companies do you think they would be able to do business with? Stop being so self absorbed, looking for a bargain & consider the bigger picture.

Love Jkeny jumping on us while he is set to lose money on his business if these were sold. Starting to lose a lot of respect for this guy. Member of the trades shouldn't even be posting on this thread IMO.
I posted how to do the mods on this on this very site - now why don't you go & do it yourself & stop pointing fingers of accusation at all around you simply because you've dropped your toys out of the pram!

I have received now an email from H2Tech, I can foward it but it is in italian.

Some companies using this module does not like the diffusion of it for DIY.

Yesterday evening M2Tech have decided to not sell this module to DIY.

What a shame, hopefully they might change their mind. Clearly there was an initial agreement between audiodesign and M2Tech that M2Tech have pulled out of. Anyway, thank-you (audiodesign) for your efforts.

Clearly there was an initial agreement between audiodesign and M2Tech that M2Tech have pulled out of. Anyway, thank-you (audiodesign) for your efforts.

Yes, that was also my impression so it is not like JKeny claim that audiodesign breached copyright by publishing dataheets! ofcourse for 100% sure please audiodesign please post a comment.
I think we can with help of audiodesign and with cooperation with M2Tech design a new product even better than original (USB isolators, ultra low jitter XOs etc).

Listen, cop onto to yourself!

It's hardly M2tech's fault that the audiodesign breached copyright by publishing a copyrighted datasheet & didn't know what an OEM board meant. These are sold to companies that install them within or as part of their own products. Think about the business impications if M2tech began selling these boards directly to individuals - get real. I bet he will get the same response from Musiland if he tells them exactly what he intends to do - sell them directly to individuals. More people should have asked the question - what is an OEM board.

Suggesting that people should email M2tech with complaints is outrageous - the complaint should be levied against audiodesign for misleading everybody, including M2tech.

I believe this whole sorry state could have been avoided with a modicum of care about what was being posted.

I completely agree with Jkeny.
Audiodesign also is "on this business", so it's difficult (at least for me) not seeing its personal interest. The only fault of M2Tech has been an eccess of trust, in not having asked to Audiodesign to sign a NDA. We don't know anything of M2Tech contracts and commitments with other professional Companies, nor we know the whole story of what Audiodesign really asked for to M2Tech, so please don't make presumption or, even worse, sentences.:wave2s:
Guido

Yes, that was also my impression so it is not like JKeny claim that audiodesign breached copyright by publishing dataheets! ofcourse for 100% sure please audiodesign please post a comment.
I think we can with help of audiodesign and with cooperation with M2Tech design a new product even better than original (USB isolators, ultra low jitter XOs etc).

Yes, maybe audiodesign should answer these questions.
- did he have approval to publish the datasheet?
- did he tell M2tech that he intended to sell these boards on a forum to individuals?
- what exactly were his arrangements with M2Tech regarding these OEM boards?

I think this would clarify the matter.

I already asked these questions & he has not yet answered.

Last edited:
I completely agree with Jkeny.
Audiodesign also is "on this business", so it's difficult (at least for me) not seeing its personal interest. The only fault of M2Tech has been an eccess of trust, in not having asked to Audiodesign to sign a NDA. We don't know anything of M2Tech contracts and commitments with other professional Companies, nor we know the whole story of what Audiodesign really asked for to M2Tech, so please don't make presumption or, even worse, sentences.:wave2s:
Guido

Thank you Guido, sense prevails :)

At this time I think that the best soultion to play hi-resolution material is modify a media player like this one:

Xtreamer Pro

The cost is not more high of a M2Tech spdif ainterface and there are many benefit to get a complete dedicated environment

I am asking to Xstreamer the right specification to make the modifications

Tell me If someone have other media player playing 192Khz 24bit flac

Listen, you are viewing this with blinkers - look at it from M2Tech's perspective - OEM means original equipment manufacture & are intended for sale as I said. If M2tech started selling these to individuals, how many companies do you think they would be able to do business with? Stop being so self absorbed, looking for a bargain & consider the bigger picture.

I posted how to do the mods on this on this very site - now why don't you go & do it yourself & stop pointing fingers of accusation at all around you simply because you've dropped your toys out of the pram!

As I can see "Jkeny's usb-i2s module...based on M2tech HiFace technology" ( :joker: ) is being sold for $161, I understand your "bigger picture" point of view. :D

As I can see "Jkeny's usb-i2s module...based on M2tech HiFace technology" ( :joker: ) is being sold for $161, I understand your "bigger picture" point of view. :D

As I said already, this is a modified board that is built into the ACkoDAC. You can always do the mods yourself - I have posted the details of how to do it on this forum, so I'm essentially giving it away for free all you have to do is apply the mods yourself.

So what's your gripe? This is DIY audio I believe, not a group buy forum or am I mistaken about it's true purpose?

I see audiodesign has not answered the questions which I presume signifies that he has a problem answering them? I believe you should direct your ire at being led down a blind alley with false promises rather than look everywhere else to find fault.

Last edited:
To be fair, I guess if I were the OEM customer, I might be a little bit upset as well :

DAC options (Hiface USB Transport Modifications & Ancillaries)

What a pity for the rest of us. Quite a difference to 50 Euros.
Looking at the bright side, I saved 50+ Euros and have more time to concentrate on other projects.

;)

Patrick
Who said I buy the OEM board from M2tech? Do I buy a 100 & get it for €50. Do I modify it?

You guys make all sorts of assumptions without any foundation for them. Just because you were let down in what appeared to be a great deal - don't blame me. Ask audiodesign if there ever was a deal or were you being misled?

You know you all need to take a deep breathe & stop accusing everybody of imagined sins when the real sin lies in being misled with unreal promises & expectations!

Come on audiodesign, why don't you answer the questions?
Why did you take the datasheet pdf off your site - was it in breach of copyright?

Last edited:
As I said already, this is a modified board that is built into the ACkoDAC. You can always do the mods yourself - I have posted the details of how to do it on this forum, so I'm essentially giving it away for free all you have to do is apply the mods yourself.

So what's your gripe? This is DIY audio I believe, not a group buy forum or am I mistaken about it's true purpose?

This is what I read about your device: "This Hiface version is focused on I2S with NO SPDIF outputs." So I concluded you are using M2Tech module that this thread is about. Sorry. For every other device you're selling you state it's modified HiFace... So I probably got it wrong. Or not?
:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.