Heatsinks for Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Promethius,

I have had some communication from Kari via the address Ed posted.

Last i heard from him was October 26 when he apologetically said he would send my boards ASAP or refund my money. He did not respond to my "ship the boards if you have them or refund if not and pelase let me know what/when it happens" email. He also mentioned that he has been taking weekly business trips, so that may be part of why he has not responded.

There are quite a few boards missing out here - I am short 6 of each and gengis is out 10 of each. I assume that a few others are missing as well.

I received 2 sets of boards out of the 12 sets I ordered and paid.
And after much emailing, Kari stated in an email dated September 10, 2005, to sent the missing 10 sets to me. Have not see missing boards yet and have not heard from Kari after several email in the last week of October.

At this point, I just would like my money refund. I will think twice about participating in GP again.

Again, this is going to lead to speculation on my part. Kari was willing to share the files for his SuSyGC board. His reply to me came after another option with Russ and Brian came about. So I didn't ask for the files.
My assumption is this: Kari may be willing to share the files for these boards. Particularly in light of unfulfilled obligations. I would suggest Kari be given a chance to do so for some measure of "redemption". Notwithstanding the refunds that are owed.

They are a solid design. No need to reinvent the wheel.

And please remember the trying times you have had in your life when some "favorite projects" needed to be set aside.

It's a "monster" icon. Both of 'em.

BobEllis said:
If we get the files and someone has the appropriate skill and software, it would be nice to fix the 2 errors noted earlier in this thread. The positive side bridge silkscreen is backwards and there is a connection on the main board that is wrong.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. :)

Also, I was thinking we could probably get the PCBs a bit smaller.

Cheers!
Russ

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Kari commented to me in his letter that after all the work and problem of a group buy, in the future he planned only to do layouts for people's use and that they could organize the buys.

From this I would assume that he would have no problem with people using his files. The problem I would think is to get him to send them to someone, when he seems not to have time even for a post here...

I've voiced my disappointment with this GB before, so I shall not go there, though the boards are very nice. While I've had mine for a while, its taken me till now to rip apart my BOSOZ and build up an outboard PS using Kari's boards.

Pic of my PS under construction are here:

top cover off/ power on

Front View/ power off (note- off center LED above power switch...ooops... a little to far to the right...)

Back View

I have yet to connect any of the 5 regulated power supplies (over 35,000 uF of total capacitance in there) to the 9 pin output connector, and the xfos are not fastened down yet, no blue led yet either, other connections not yet made. However, this is finally working has been running all night. You see a relay and my soft start board, had an extra relay and a few extra soft start boards from my krell clone and so put one in, figured it could not hurt given all the caps in there. Plus a clicking relay sounds way cool.

audio_cf said:
Wasn't there also a problem with led spacing and hole sizes ?

/// Carl-Fredrik

Yes, please fix the 2 errors, and make the holes for the resistors in the CRC filter bigger and wider apart (in the PS). Also, the input and outputs should have their labeling moved so that if you use connectors like I have done, they are not covered up and you know where the + and - goes.

With that in mind what do you think of this...I mistakenly connected 68VAC to the negative 10VDC section...directly across the 50V capacitors!...blew up a 1.5A fastblow fuse but I think not the capacitors as it still measures good. That is why you see an "x" witten in next to some caps, hopefully don't have to replace them. It would not be a diy project for me if I didn't destroy at least something...

Since I got my boards a long time ago and havent started building until now, and I wasn't in on the parts GB, I haven't been following this thread for a while...

I know the problems on the PSU-boards, but I was unaware that there's a problem on the main bords, anyone that can tell me what the problem is?
Thanks
Jonas

I just read earlier in this thread that there was one problem with the main boards, if there isn't I'm that much happier:D

The original BOM posted early in this thread called for 3 diods at ~4,5V(to get a total of ~14V), I've put in 3 4,7V diodes giving a total 14,1V, is that ok?

Mayday said:
I just read earlier in this thread that there was one problem with the main boards, if there isn't I'm that much happier:D

The original BOM posted early in this thread called for 3 diods at ~4,5V(to get a total of ~14V), I've put in 3 4,7V diodes giving a total 14,1V, is that ok?

I hope so, I'm doing the same. I believe the problem on the PSU boards were regarding the rectifier diodes (one group has to be installed opposite to the board overlay; but I can't remember which group of 4 were to be reversed). Also, I believe the holes for one of the resistors are a bit small, but, I recall someone indicating they installed the resistor on the solder side.

SteveA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.