Having the last word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe asleep but skinnyboy never stop replying in this thread, even at school! :cool: and what kind of school has computer in every classes? certainely not mine :( .

OK skinny Im gonna explain you a method that allows you to work in your bedroom if you want to.
-FIRST you need clamps,

-TWICE all your wood cut ( when purchased if you dont have a table saw),

-THIRD a couch and a good movie. Having a watch with a timer is not a bad idea...

Ive tried to build boxes at school too but all i can say is that my teacher didnt helped a lot... teachers may become real pest when you dont need their knowledge.I was 13 and I was building my first sub with a fullrange driver:bawling: . I was proud of it; :bawling: . It was a 4th order bandpass and the port was a big flute held in place with duck tape; hahahaha

tell me more about how your first attempt turned skinny

school ? goodluck skinny :att'n:

My first attemp... well... the hardest part has been convincing the teacher to let me!!!

He said I could make them after I finished my other projects, and that 16mm MDF for PLENTY thick... I told him I was using ATLEAST 25mm :p

He said I could make them, and next time I asked he said I couldn't make them.... I convinced him to let me make them again, next time I spoke to him I wasn't allowed too.. lol FINALLY after consulting another woodwork teacher he said YES!!!

I still don't think he likes the idea...

I'm not too sure about rebating the speaker openings... that would require me to make a circle jig for their router, and I'd rather make one for my uncles, so I can use it whenever I need it.. :) BUT!! I wanted to make the port out of PVC pipe, with the hole in the baffel rounded over (understand?) But that means I need to cut out the port hole before I glue the boxes up... :rolleyes: hmmm

UNLESS!!! I cut a hole in the bottom and make a plynth thingy that screws onto the bottom, sealing the hole, and rasing the boxes another 2cm off the floor.. lol

No, theres not computers in EVERY room... yesterday my first 3 lessons were "study lessons" aka FREE, and I spent those in the computer room... :) the next 2 lessons were woodwork.. and I went to a computer room to gather ideas for making speaker boxes... ;) last 2 lessons I was not on a computer... lol

today... lesson 1 I was on a computer, and lesson 2... lesson 3 was woodwork, and that was the end of my day... and I can home.. :D

port holes etc

SkinnyBoy said:
BUT!! I wanted to make the port out of PVC pipe, with the hole in the baffel rounded over (understand?) But that means I need to cut out the port hole before I glue the boxes up... :rolleyes: hmmm

I ALWAYS cut port and driver holes etc before putting the speaker together. Here is a hint for using PVC pipe. First cut the hole in the baffle the same diam as the INSIDE of the pipe, use router to round-over if required. Now out of a 10cm square piece of 18mm mdf (or similar) cut a hole with diameter the outside of the pipe. The Pipe can then be fixed into this and then the mdf attached to the back of the baffle.

Have fun !!

Re: port holes etc

Andy Graddon said:

I ALWAYS cut port and driver holes etc before putting the speaker together. Here is a hint for using PVC pipe. First cut the hole in the baffle the same diam as the INSIDE of the pipe, use router to round-over if required. Now out of a 10cm square piece of 18mm mdf (or similar) cut a hole with diameter the outside of the pipe. The Pipe can then be fixed into this and then the mdf attached to the back of the baffle.

Have fun !!

That is exactly what I was going to do.... lol

I have to / offered to / got given the job of fixing my friends amp... its a rather only Kenwood KA51... well, I opened it up, and the PS filter caps looked rather fat.. lol I thought, they really should be replaced even if thats not the problem.... I looked at the bottom of the board and found about 5 tracks had been burnt off at some time in the past and replaced with wire... (we assume the amp blew up, and that the burnt tracks wasn't intentional) Looked back at the top of the amp, and there was an extra fuse added in.. not sure what it does, haven't looked yet, but it was blown anyway..... the amp also have 2 other fuses... according to the board they should be 2amps and 4 amps... well.. what my friend handed my when he delivered the amp was a 4amp fuse and a 5amp fuse.. the 4amp was gone, but the 5amp was still ok.... 5 amp!!! WAIT A MINUTE!!! whered that come from?? (he had nothing to do with this, he bought the amp off ebay a few months ago) hmm.. anyway... I measured the PS caps and one of them was short circuit... :rolleyes: The other was still ok... so.... on Monday I might try removing the filter caps putting some correct value fuses in the thing, and powering it up.. :D or... should I get some replacement fuses? they'll cost about $20 and he only paid $50 for the amp..... hmmm lol SEEYA!! :D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.