HAL PREAMPLIFIERS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
very seldom...

as I have said in symef thread I really like the mid and low of this amp.Usually when I listen to music its the high cut filter I always adjust.

I really need this circuit coz not all music are recorded on the same level.I need some adjustment to suit my taste but it should not be often.

It would be excellent if you could ad some adjustment for the mid.;)

regards,
drowranger

Hi Qmara,

The preamp could be modified for NE5534. However this may also require addition of capacitors in some places to prevent the potentiometers from being 'scratchy'.

This model is not optimized for a mid control. It is optimized to avoid mid-band interaction.

kind regards,

Harrison.

Hi Drow,

Thanks for the link ;) . There are many award winning speakers featuring a 2nd order passive filter.

Drow let me paint you several pictures

This preamplifier is very different from the Behringer mixer, it is not meant for a mid control. For your car if you have subwoofers in your trunk, your equilizer or head unit or amplifier unit has that option called bass boost, where you get the woofers to grunt for you and you get those looks from the side walks ;). Thats how the bass control works.

The treble adjust your high shelf to cater for the color you want from your highs. Whether it be the spray from waves on the summer sea shore to the monsoon rain.

The bass boost behaves exactly like the bass boost used at the studio to record your music ;) . With this preamp you are one step closer to the real thing.

Well what a picture. I do actually need ears to tell me whether the dream and reality are one

kind regards,

Harrison.

Hi Qmara,

Two of these preamp s give you a stereo version. I have not included frequency sweeping. The curves are optimized to give you a pleasant experience. This preamp is intended for playback at the customer premises. The requirements for recording are different.

There are many solutions on the market for what you are looking for.

Do try this preamp and post your experiences.

kind regards,

Harrison.

Hi Drow,

Keep them on. You can use smaller values ie 100NF but ensure you have a larger cap lets say 10-100uF on-board not far from its smaller buddies.

Regulate the supply and use an antistatic wrist strap when handling those beauties.

Thanks for going for it.:cheers:

kind regards,

Harrison.

sample regulated supply

Here is a sample regulated supply. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• regulated.png
    regulated.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 166
pcb for the HAL preamp.

Hi Harrisson,

Can you review my work especially the schematic.if no error I will make for the power supply.part name is the same as in your schematic.

regards,
joel

Attachments

• SCHEMATIC.pdf
    25.1 KB · Views: 109
  • TOP VIEW.jpg
    TOP VIEW.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 147
  • TOP VIEW.pdf
    91.5 KB · Views: 60
Hi Joel,

Logarithmic pots try to model what the ears expects to hear when you turn the pot. They are marked with letter A.

Linear pots have a linear response in relation to turning the pots. It would be nice if you could get ones that have the center marker. Linear pots are marked with the letter B.

Cheers ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.